You Get a Plant

Chapter 6:

Jessica's POV:

It has been four days since I have seen Louis or Zayn. Zayn has texted me a few times while Louis spams me everyday. Yes, they decided to trust me with their phone numbers. They have been so awesome to me, and I considered them some of my real friends. They have been busy all week with the band, and I have been spending my time writing.

I climbed out of bed and looked at the bright numbers on the clock. 9:37 am, way too early to be waking up. I grabbed some grey sweatpants and a plain black T-shirt. I placed them on the counter in my bathroom and took a quick shower.

I put on my clothes and let my wet hair down to air dry. "Might as well do nothing today," I muttered to myself. I slowly made my way downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of Boy Scout's popcorn. A couple of days ago some little boys came by, and I ended up buying five packages of Chocolate Lovers. I was only going to buy one at first, but I swear those boys forced me into buying more so that they could win a freaking bike. I could've bought both of them a bike with the money it cost me to buy the damn popcorn.

I plopped myself in front of the TV and sighed. I am such a loner. I need some friends. I have been so busy lately, with working for the shoe store and writing, I have not been able to socialize much. Yeah, let's go with that.

I turned on the TV to the movies channel and settled into the couch. Before I could open my popcorn, my phone buzzed from inside my waistband. I pulled it out and noticed a text message from THE TOMMO.

OPEN THE FRONT DOOR!

I sighed and slowly lifted myself off the couch. I had just gotten comfortable! I shuffled over to the front door with my popcorn in hand. I opened the door to see all of the boys from One Direction standing there. "Hi, love," Louis smiled at me.

"Hey Louis, Zayn, other boys who have not introduced themselves yet," I greeted all of them.

"Hey," Zayn smiled.

"I'm Harry," the curly boy told me.

"I'm Niall," said the blonde one.

"And I'm Liam," the last one introduced himself.

"I'm Jessica, and I guess you guys should come in," I offered, swinging the door wide enough for them to walk through. I shot Niall a glare when he tried to grab my food. I hardly talked to the boy, and he acted like he owned this place.

He frowned, narrowing his eyes into slits. "I don't like her," Niall decided.

"Well, I like her," Zayn countered and hugged me.

"Me too," Louis hugged me from behind.

"Okay, get off," I shoved them both away and tossed Niall the bag. His eyes lit up in excitement as he tore into the bag.

"Thank the heavens! I haven't eaten all freaking day. I love you now," he beamed at me, and I rolled my eyes.

Harry pouted. "What do I get?"

I looked around and spotted a piece of paper. I grabbed it and handed it to him. "You get a plant," I cheered.

He eyed it confused then looked at me as if I was special. "This is paper, not a plant," he pointed out.

"What was it before that?" I questioned. He rolled his eyes. "Exactly."

I turned to face Liam. He has been silently observing my house. He met my eyes and offered me a polite grin. "Would you like anything?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm good." he winked at me. I like Liam. He's not pushy.

I returned to my seat on the couch, and Louis sat on my lap again. I decided to ignore him this time. "No offense, but why are you here?" I asked.

"We wanted to personally apologize for getting you fired. And when Louis and Zayn got home the other day, Louis wouldn't shut up about you," Harry explained. Interesting.

I raised an eyebrow at Louis who started turning red. "Well, it's fine about getting fired. I'm over it. And I know, I'm amazing," I teased, and they laughed. They think I'm joking, but I'm not.

"What do you do for your other job?" Niall asked while eating my popcorn. Good thing I have three more hidden away with the way he was downing it.

"I write stuff," I answered, and he nodded, not prying any further.

"We should play another game," Zayn suggested. Again, these boys think they own this place, but I don't mind.

"You want to dance again? I beat you so bad last time," Louis bragged. I rolled my eyes while the other guys laughed.

"What did you play?" Liam asked.

"Dance Party 3. Jessica won it in a contest," Louis repeated my lie. I smiled innocently at them.

"Yeah, but no. I totally beat you last time!" Zayn cried. "I kicked your ass so hard, you felt it in your guts!" I cringed.

"Actually, I got it on tape. Remember? Louis won," I concluded.

"Yes! That is why Jessica is now my favorite Zayn," he hugged me, and I just sat there confused along with the other boys.

"Get off," I shoved him onto the floor. He pretended to sob and jumped into Harry's lap on the other side of the couch.

"Bromances," Niall mumbled, shaking his head causing everyone to laugh.

"There's a song about that, ya know?" Zayn casually stated.

"I think I've heard that before," I told him, and he hit offered a high-five. Just then, my phone started playing some music.

Baby what you doing? Where you at, where you at

Why you acting so shy holding back, holding back

We're not the only ones doing it like that, it like that

So DJ bring that, bring that, bring that back

I knew it was Justin by the ringtone. He recorded himself singing on my phone one day, so I saved it as his ringtone. I immediately declined it. I don't think these boys should know yet. "Why did you decline?" Liam questioned me. "You don't have to worry about us!"

"It was no one important," I lied. Then my phone started playing again.

You see me standing there

And act like you don't know me

But last night you were calling me saying you want me

Oh why you always make me feel like I'm the one that's crazy

You feel my heart racing

My, my heart racing

Selena's voice started singing through my phone. It was also her recorded acoustically. After setting Justin's ringtone I decided to do that with all of the stars' managers that called me; I set the singer or band they represent as the ringtone to make it easier to remember. I sighed and grabbed my phone. "I'll be right back," I told the boys and stepped out the front door.

I looked at my phone and pressed accept. "Hello?"