Who Said Beauty Doesn't Hurt

Chapter 24:

Jessica's POV:

Today's the day. It's finally here. You could tell my nerves were getting the best of me. I couldn't eat, sleep, think straight. But, of course, who would be around to see. That's right. I'm all alone.

I had no one to calm me down or to talk to about how excited, yet nervous I was. They all had different plans.

Of course, my family (with the exception of Justin) wasn't going to be at a large, celebrity party. Justin had last minute arrangements to take care of. Selena went to visit some relatives who were in town for the day. The boys had a meeting. I didn't even have Jaxxon or Jazmyn as their parents took them back home. I know they wouldn't have paid attention if I ranted into them, but I at least could have pretended.

I had the dresses Louis and Selena bought. They were gorgeous and hanging safely wrapped in my closet. I sang the song over and over the past few days making sure it was perfect. I had to say I was pretty proud, but I didn't want to jinx that. I don't usually believe in karma, but I definitely didn't want to accidentally sound cocky then get bit in the ass.

It was around noon, and I lay huddled in a fetal position on my couch. I sighed. Oh how I wish I could stay like this forever. I was comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. Justin told me I couldn't do anything. Who does he think he is? The fucking Pope or Oprah.

That's what my mind drifted to. If anyone should be the pope, it should be Oprah. This caused me to burst out in laughter, breaking the silence of my home at my own thoughts.

Poprah.

I stretched from my ball and listened to my bones and joints crack. I sighed out in relaxation and stood up. "I need to do something," I whispered to myself. Justin forbid me from speaking, let alone singing today. That way, I can't possibly lose my voice.

I slid on my socks into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I was also scolded not to eat certain foods because it would bloat my stomach, then I wouldn't be able to fit into my dresses. I wish sweatpants were stylish. Maybe if I could bedazzle them or something.

I snatched a container of strawberries from somewhere in the back, cleaned them off, and plopped back onto the couch with them in my lap. My hand found the remote of the Tv, and I flipped it on. I browsed until I found something worth watching and left it on.

Half an hour later, the empty strawberry container sat on my floor as I stared at it, willing to make it throw itself away. "Little cunt," I mumbled throwing a pillow at it. Great, now I have to pick that up too. You can tell I wasn't all in it today.

I heard the front door open and I sighed. I really need to do something about that. "If you're here to rob me, take anything you want but the Tv. I need it," I shouted to whoever entered my house. I really wasn't in it today.

"You would seriously shout that if someone came to rob you?" Selena asked with a tone that said 'You're An Idiot'. I shrugged in response and she sighed. "Well, let's get ready," she instructed.

My eyes went from glued to the Tv to glued to her skin. That sounds quite gross, actually.

"What do you mean get ready? It's only noon. The party starts at 6, and my performance is at 8," I sassed. "Exactly, meaning we have around four hours to get ready. You, my darling, have never been to an event as big as this before. You need to go through the long and harsh processes of makeup and hair styling," Selena smirked.

The door bell followed and she glanced from it back to me. "Just on time," she stated creepily. What have I gotten myself into.

To be honest, I didn't expect anything other than what I saw. The first lady through the door was wearing sweats and a clean, makeup free face. What stood out though, was her extravagant hair. It started out a light purple color, like Zayn's girlfriend who I have not yet met, and made into a twisted, difficult braid that circled the back of her head in a swirling pattern. But the colors also changed making it into a rainbow. To me, it was awesome, yet hideous. It looked like she had a black hole on the back of her head that swallowed a damn rainbow.