Only The Uncool Ones Can't Fly

So... I happened to miraculously win a raffle for a One Direction cardboard cutout that I didn't even enter.

Turns out my mom entered me!

And now I have a Zayn Cardboard cutout staring at me...

My Mom > yours

-------

Chapter 18:

Jessica's POV:

"UPON THE HILL, ACROSS THE BLUE LAKE. THAT'S WHERE I HAD MY FIRST HEARTBREAK. I STILL REMEMBER HOW IT ALL CHANGED, MY FATHER SAID," I sang along with the radio blaring out Eliza's golf cart which we happened to name 'The Beast' over time. That baby has speakers the size of an elephant's balls. If they even have balls.

Eliza swerved around another corner with me trailing behind. I know what your thinking, 'Why isn't she in the golf cart with Eliza?' Well, you see only boring people would actually ride in a golf cart like actual citizens. When you live a fun and spontaneous life like me, you make up a way to 'ride' the golf cart. In my case, I was being pulled behind the beauty on a skateboard by holding onto a rope.

You may be thinking I'm absolutely amazing at skateboarding, but I only have the basics. I can turn, but that's about it. Ask me to do a kick-flip and you better kick-flip yourself in the face because I don't know what the hell that means.

Since Eliza can't skateboard to save her life, she opted to stay as our designated driver, which she isn't that well at either. Lets face it, Eliza's pretty shitty at everything, but that's what make it funny.

At first we only rode around in an empty parking lot, but after a while we got bored of that. It was time to bring out the little guns. We're not good enough to have the big guns yet. We took our riding to the back streets where only an occasional car passes, scaring the ultimate shit out of me.

So far, I have fallen about ten times, only with a bruise on my butt and a scratch on my arm as proof. Thankfully grass is attracted to me so I always land on it. I can't help it if I'm hot. It's a gift and a curse.

Sometimes Eliza would attempt sharp turns or sudden stops to throw me off, but for the most part I did alright. She wouldn't notice because she spent most of the time on her phone- talking and texting. Safe right?

I spent my time entertaining the strangers walking along the streets by singing my guts out to the music Eliza played. Thankful she had good taste in music. I was told by some people that I am a hazard though. How disrespectful of them to tell me that.

Eliza drove around another corner while making sure to go slow enough that I don't completely wipe out if I happen to fall. "DON'T YOU WORRY, DON'T YOU WORRY, CHILD! SEE HEAVEN'S GOT A PLAN FOR YOU!-" I was cut off by my miraculous - more or less - singing by the music being cut off. I pouted to Eliza who was peering at me through the rear view mirror.

She slowed down the cart slightly so that my skateboard had a chance to catch up to her. But me being so smart, I dropped the rope which dragged on the ground and got tangled in the wheels of my skateboard. "Crap!" I exclaimed as I fell to the ground.

I landed in a fetal position with my left arm under my body. Everyone around us stopped and stared without actually helping. I huffed and stood up while glaring at Eliza who was laughing her ass off. Oh, you don't want to know what I'm going to do to you later.

Random witnesses to my falling looked at me as if I could miraculously heal myself. Do I look like freaking Jesus? "Why thank you. Yes, I am fine. No, I am not hurt. I don't need help," I answered aloud with a sarcastic tone to all the questions I was expecting to be asked. Everybody just shrugged and went on their way leaving me gaping.