XXXI.Fated

Blinking my eyes, I squinted them as I wasn't able to open them properly because of the throbbing in the back of my head, where I had been hit. The moment I did, I realised my hands were tied by my back and I had been forcefully made to sit on my knees in a posture that was making my legs ache. I had been stripped off my sword, whip and the Fire. I saw Dan leaning against the opposite corner, fully healed, smirking at the scene in front of him.

Ian was tied the same way as me and was being beaten by the cloaked figure. He no longer had the hood covering his head, exposing his hair that were the same silky black as Ian only; they were shorter. I couldn't make out anything else as he had his back turned to me.

" Oh look! The sweet little princess is finally up. " Blair cooed, walking towards me. " You, my dear, are quite a deep sleeper. " She trailed her long nails along my right cheek, digging with enough pressure to draw blood. All the while, I glared at her.

This drew the attention of both Ian and his tormentor. His red eyes made the hair on my neck stand uncomfortably. High cheek bones, perfect nose and pink lips; I felt nothing but more disgusted on seeing his face. He was the murderer and my attacker. He deceived me into believing that Ian had betrayed us.

Thrashing, I tried to break the ropes but they wouldn't bulge.

" Yeah, they are charmed. We aren't fools to bind you with ordinary ones. " Blair rolled her eyes at my attempts.

All this while, I could still feel Ian and the cloaked stranger staring at me. I was getting uneasy by the red eyed stare, he after all, was the creepy spy. Somehow sensing my discomfort, Ian headbutted the stranger's stomach, making him fall. He swiftly got up and throw a right hook at Ian.

" Why, Blair? Why would you do all this? " I asked her softly. " I thought we were friends. "

The moment those words left my mouth, Dan let out a bark of laughter, making Blair throw a glare at him and them pin me with it.

" Friends? " She spat, " No, we were and are anything but "friends" " She air quoted, " You ,Arianna Fate, are my nemesis, and you don't make friends with your nemesis now, do you? "

By now more people, whom I thought to be students, had gathered in the opening, wearing black cloaks. They were kneeling with their eyes on the ground; they were their soldiers. I froze when I spotted a familiar auburn head among them.

" Carter? " I didn't want to believe my eyes but had no choice when he looked at me with those guilt filled hazel eyes, before looking away.

" But how... " I looked back at Blair, " Blair- "

" Don't call me that! " She snapped, making me gather myself.

Using her distraction, I discreetly pulled a knife from my boot and started cutting the rope binding my hands.

" What do I call you? " I asked her calmly. By now, Dan had joined the cloaked figure as Ian was giving him a hard time coming under control.

" My name is Duzzatt, Duzzatt Tears. Don't call me with that disgusting name again. " Blair or should I say Duzzatt had wrapped her fingers around my throat and started chocking me. " You have no idea how long I have been wanting to do that; to take what's mine. Fate's throne and Damien. "

My eyes widened at her confession but I couldn't do much because of the pressure on my throat.

" Hands off her, Duzzatt! She's mine. " The cloaked figure snarled. The pressure immediately disappeared.

" What do you mean? " I wheezed.

The cloaked figure pushed Duzzatt away and knelt in front of me. Pushing a strand of hair behind my ear, making me stiffen, he said softly, " My name is Adam Claw, I'm the Dark counter. And that is Daniel Dashkov, Light's nemesis. We were created at the same time as you, Fate's magic to balance you all out. " His red eyes bore into mine. When I didn't give him any reaction, he sighed, pulling away and went back to where Damien was tied down.