IV. Cristalline

The first thing my eyes fell on was the giant portrait of the Legends. They were standing side by side, almost brushing each other. They were dressed in their traditional clothing. Mother was standing in the centre wearing a V-neck, column silver sparkling gown with a simple oxidised gold floral headband and bracelet in her left hand. Lady Light supported a beautiful Grecian A-line gown with net work all long its skirt as she stood smiling to mother's left. Lord Darkness looked alluring in his black shirt with laced tie and cuffs, under his rich black tuxedo. He stood on the right with mother's hand wound around his left elbow and holding his cane with silver dragon head in the other hand.

The portrait was placed on the front wall of the landing of the massive staircase that connected the different parts of the main building of the Cristalline Castle. The main building was divided into four Wings; the North Wing, the East Wing, the South Wing and the West Wing. The South Wing was the administrative block while the remaining three Wings belonged to the Legends, East Wing belonged to mother, the West Wing to Lord Darkness and the North one to Lady Light. The Castle had three other buildings, one served as dorms for the students of the other realms, the other was where the faculty lived and last but not the least, the third building where the teaching was held. In the centre of all the four buildings was built a big pond whose water shined and changed colour in the dark. Only, it remained frozen for the larger part of the year, owing the cold climate of the realm. It was covered with snow right now as well and would remain so for about 2-3 weeks before the sun rose again. The soldiers guarding Cristalline came from all the other realms under the strict instructions to remain out of sight of the students, so they could concentrate on their education.

I had opened the portal to the main entrance of the Castle, hence, we were standing at the base of the staircase. Leon and Glaëder had already left to explore the landscape and its forest, while we needed to go the reception and confirm out arrival by depositing the individual letters of invitation we had received from the institution. Oliver being the helping one, offered to get it done for all of us. So he and William joined the line of the students who were standing to confirm their arrival and get their allotted dorms. I would be staying in the East Wing of the main building with my companions, so would the other Creations, in their respective Wings.

I looked at all the students with fascination, I had never seen so many inhabitants of different realms all in one place before, well not that I remembered of. Some were chattering excitedly, some looking around in awe and curiosity while others were just moving with nervousness and anticipation. I smiled at the students passing me, earning a smile right back. They didn't know who I was, nobody did as no one had seen me since my third birthday, no one except people of my realm and Kiara and Veronica. They were the younger siblings of the other two Creations.

Our younger siblings were our advisors and diplomats to the other Creations. They were created to help us with the throne and someone who would always be there for us, a family. They appeared out of thin air, on our fourth birthday, already three years old. This made them a year younger than us. They had continuously been visiting the realms of the other Legends to train for their roles since the past two years. And in those past two years I made two girl friends out of them, whenever possible; I, Skylar, Kiara and Veronica plan get togethers to spend some quality time and catch up with each other. We'd gotten nick names for one another and loved annoying each other.

Kiara or as I call her, Kia is my best friend and my most frequent tormentor who always announced her arrival by jumping on my bed and snuggling to sleep with me and she never found a comfortable position till I fell off the king sized bed. That girl was a mini tornado and I simply adored her, she was like my little sister and I was really looking forward to see her and all my girls.

When Oliver's and William's turn came and they submitted our letters, the eyes of the receptionist widened and shot up looking around, she froze when they landed on me. I shifted slightly, as she kept staring at me open mouthed for a good long minute, and gave her a small smile. This made her snap out of her shock and shift her eyes back to the letters.

" That, was hilarious, I am waiting to see the colourful reactions of the people once they know that the Creations are studying with them this semester. " Stark grinned leaning on his heels.

" They will keep us entertained, that is what they will do. " Nathaniel matched his grin, wrapping his arms around me and walking towards where William and Oliver stood leaning against the wall next to a hallway.

" We got a clear and are free till dinner to do as we please. " Oliver said, his eyes teasing me about the receptionist's reaction.

" So what do you want to do? " I asked running my eyes on the wooden carvings that ran along the length of the wall to the large high-ceilinged dome.

" I am going to explore the place. " Stark grinned, rubbing his hands excitedly.

" I'm in. " Oliver agreed almost immediately, " I have never been here before. "

I was about to turn to William about his plans but he beat me to it.

" Girls. " He whistled lowly as he eyed a pair of beautiful sirens walk past us, throwing giggles in the direction of the boys. He ran his hands through his hair and started walking after them with his wolfish grin, making us all chuckle.

" Incorrigible. " I muttered with a fond smile.

" And, I will go and look out for him, as always. Make sure the sirens don't drown him once they realize he didn't bathed. " Nathaniel rolled his eyes and went after William.

" Alright, I will go look for my brother. " Shrugging, I waved as Stark and Oliver exited the main entrance.

I entered the hallway, looking for Luke and continued walking for a good measure. My memory map of the Castle needed a little brushing but I hoped that I was going in the right direction. I frowned as it started getting darker until the paintings of landscapes from different realms that hung on the wooden walls weren't visible anymore. After wandering around a bit, when I realized that I had indeed successfully managed to get lost within the first hour of arriving here, I decided to retrace my way back. It was getting really difficult to see, even my heightened eye sight couldn't make out the outlines of the walls and artifacts. 

Just as I was about to turn, I heard music, a piano. Whoever playing it, was very skilled and fluent. Each note came out with perfection. Like an enchanted snake, I followed the melody, my feet not under my control anymore. I stopped when I came across two giant wooden doors with silver dragon head handles, they were not closed properly, leaving a decent gap which was enough for me to get a good look inside.

The insides were filled with complete darkness but, I was able to make out the outlines of the couches and sofas. Shifting slightly, I finally managed to catch the sight of the a large polished black piano illuminated with three candles, in the candle holder placed on it. On the stool, sat a man who had his back towards me, completely engrossed in his playing. I could see the outlines of his wide shoulders and shoulder length hair in the dim lighting of the candles. Suddenly, he stopped and probably feeling my gaze, swiftly turned around. Before I could see his face or he could see my shining silver rims, I hid behind the door. Placing a hand on my chest, I shut my eyes and held my breath as I did not want to be caught spying on anyone.

Oh Lord! What a horrible way to start my new life!

I find it classy, real classy.

Shut up Glaëder! This is not funny!

Is it not, though?

Leon....not you too.

I could hear both of them chuckling in my mind. Ignoring them, I started silently walking back, concentrating on the floor so I don't get lost in the dark again.

Smack!

Wincing, I rubbed my nose. So much for concentrating, I thought sarcastically as I had walked right into the wall. Turning around, I began walking the other way. I had barely taken a step when I realized that it wasn't a wall I had walked into, as I felt someone pull me by my shoulders and pin me to the wall, it was a person.

Don't forget to vote!