XIII.Promises

The entire night, I tossed and turned uncomfortably in the bed while Kiara slept beside me peacefully. His red eyes had imprinted themselves on my mind and recalling that nightmare disturbed me to no end. I failed to draw any conclusions to it.

The next morning, I suddenly opened my eyes to see Kiara leaning over me and staring at my face intently. We both yelped and jumped away from each other which ended with her falling off the bed and me laughing at her.

" Ha! This is called Karma, baby! " I grinned at her as she stood up, rubbing her bottom while glaring at me.

She huffed out of the room as I made my way to the bathroom, chuckling at her antics. After getting ready, I walked out to see guards, stationed all along the corridor. They guided me to the breakfast hall, and I met Raghav and Krish just as I was about to enter it.

Smiling, they let me enter the hall first with a playful bow, buzzing with excitement about their art project. I sat besides Kiara and gave her a teasing smile. We waited for the rest to join us. Soon, Dominick and Drake entered. We stood up when Lord Darkness appeared, followed by his son and they took their respective seats. Lord at the head of the table and Damien, to his left; right in front of me.

The breakfast was served to us and we ate in silence. I kept my eyes on my plate, nodding or shaking my head at the servants if I wanted to be served the dish or not. I didn't dare look up, neither at the Dark Lord who had healed me nor the Dark heir who haunted me.

The moment breakfast got over, Lord Darkness disappeared and so did the rest of them, leaving me and Kiara by ourselves; much to our satisfaction.

" Alright let's go! The cousins are gathering their material and Dominick is getting the costume. I, am your stylist so, hurry. We don't have the whole day. " Kiara took hold of my arm and started walking towards the door.

" Where are we going? " I asked as she dragged me behind her.

" Back to the room. "

On reaching, she made me change into a bathrobe and asked me to sit still in front of the dressing mirror while she worked her magic. I did as I was told because I knew better than to mess with her and her styling. After she was satisfied with my makeup, she went for my hair, deciding to do a low braided bun. My golden and silver highlights gave it a good finishing. Just as she stepped back, Dominick appeared in the doorway; knocking and waiting for us to let him in.

" Come in, Dom! She is ready. " Kiara smiled, beaming with pride at her handiwork.

" I hope you like it. " Giving us a shy smile, he unzipped the bag containing the dress.

My jaw dropped, when he pulled out a beautiful off-shoulder sparkling blood red gown.

" What do you think? " He eyed me nervously.

" What do I think? " I echoed after him, " I think I am letting you design my entire wardrobe, Dominick. It's breath taking. I love it! "

" That's relieving. " With a chuckle, he handed Kiara the gown and waited as she helped me change into it, in the bathroom.

Walking out, Dominick smiled and nodded at Kiara who was busy gushing over how beautiful I looked but before I could turn to look at my reflection, he stepped towards me with a wooden box.

" Compliments from Drake. " He opened it to reveal a beautiful floral ruby tiara with gold and diamond band.

" You guys are just amazing. " I stood there dazed as he smiled and placed it on my head, carefully adjusting it on the braid of my bun.

" Now, you can turn. " He said, looking towards the dressing mirror behind me.

A gasp escaped me as I took in my reflection, the tiara twinkled going perfectly with the gown. My carefully styled strands curled around my face and my pendant shinned against the gown; its neckline emphasizing my collar bones and my birthmark. I looked at Dominick and Kiara through the mirror and returned their smiles with the twitching of my own red painted lips.