This Love

Benedict's POV:

As my shooting winded up soon, I'm back in London earlier than I thought I would be. I can't wait to meet Sam, now that I'm 90% sure that she IS in LOVE with me too. I thought about our little intimate moment at the hill where I nearly kissed her. She was holding her breathe just like me. And the look in her eyes, what can I say about that? It clearly reflected the love in her heart. Something, that I've never seen in any of my previous relationships. I can't wait to confess my love to her.

Please, Sam. Come back soon.

"Did you tell her about your love?" Adam asked.

"Not yet"

"I don't know what you're waiting for buddy. I mean, why are you still waiting when you're so sure about it? You should've told her when you took her to see the sunrise" James butted in.

If looks could kill a person, he would have died by now.

"I'll say it as soon as she returns from India" I said.

"We are happy for you Ben. Samantha is a great choice" Alice was excited as well.

The weird thing is, if a guy is in love with a girl, everyone knows about it other than the girl. But, if a girl is in love with a guy, nobody knows it except her.

I wanted to give her a present when I confess my love. As Samantha is the epitome of uniqueness, I began searching for something unique for her.

I made a stuffed little girl doll - just like my stuffed owls - all by myself. It reminded me so much about Samantha. Because, it looked cute and tiny and had this wide mouth grin. A smile only she could nail it perfectly.

That girl still sleeps with her huge teddy bear. She likes to cuddle with fluffy toys even now. So, every night she could cuddle with this mini version of herself; my present will lie close to her heart.

'She's gonna love this' I told myself.

I learnt from Alice that Sam will be coming tonight. I haven't talked to her since Christmas. After she ended the call abruptly, she sent me a text saying her battery died and that she can't talk to me if her parents are around her, because she said that her parents were paranoid.

That made me to remember the day she talked to me about Zhang and her first love - how conservative her parents are and all that. So, I didn't bother calling her after that. Though, I missed hearing her voice so much.

I was so excited today. I couldn't get rid of Sam from my mind and I didn't try to. I wanted everything to be special for her tonight. So, I planned everything perfectly. I was very nervous.

Calm down, Ben. You're not going to give her a marriage proposal, there's still plenty of time for that. This is just your confession of your love. Calm down!

Alice told me that her flight lands around 10:00PM and she asked me whether I will be proposing tonight or tomorrow morning. I told her I can't keep this secret inside me anymore and that I will be telling tell her by tonight, no matter what.

I chose Du Café, the perfect spot. That's where we had our first actual conversation and came to know about each other. Though Du Café is a cloistered café, I reserved the whole café for an hour because I wanted it to be as private as possible.

I reached the café by 10PM. I haven't called Sam yet. I was so jitery that I drank three cups of our favourite latte, not because I felt tired, just an attempt to calm my nerves. I was sitting in our usual spot.

I noticed a head in the front corner of the shop.

I called the barista and asked, "Who's that sitting over there -" before I could complete, the barista interrupted me.

"He's waiting for his girlfriend, sir. I've talked to him. He said she's on her way and that he would leave as soon as she comes. He's no problem, sir. Just a foreigner" Antonio, the barista smiled at me, knowingly.

"Oh, its ok. I don't mind" I smiled at him too.

I know the feeling of waiting for a girlfriend too. Girlfriend....the word alone brought butterflies in my stomach.

It was half past 10 and that's when I decided to call Sam. I punched in her number and waited for the dial tone. It rang, which indicated that she has landed in London. I looked at the door anxiously, waiting for Sam to pick up my call.

Just then, Sam crashed into the café. She was a fine mess. Her hair was pointing into all the directions, her eyes were reddish and puffy. Her nose was reddish too.

Had she been crying?

She scanned the entire café, she looked in my direction too. But, I'm not sure she caught my eyes, because our corner was a very secluded area. You couldn't see it from outside, but one could see the entire café from our corner.

Her eyes finally dropped at the front corner seat. The guy stood up and I could literally see his body trembling.

Sam walked near him slowly and when she was two feet away from him, she stopped herself and stared at him before slapping him hard.

The guy, cupped his cheek and started sobbing lightly. When he lifted his face up, Sam started crying loudly. I could tell from the sound that it wasn't sad, miserable tears, they sounded like happy, excited tears. Yeah, I know her more than that.

She literally pounced on him and hugged him tightly and he did the same, squeezing her into his arms and kissed her forehead, like me.

What the hell is happening?

When he released her from the embrace, she pulled out the pendant(?) and waved it infront of him. He took it from her hands.

The pendant that she threw in the sea on the night when we had our first dance. The same pendant which she 'claimed' to throw and didn't.

She turned around and brushed her hair to one side, exposing her nape to him. He wore the chain around her neck and hooked it at the back. When she turned around, he smiled at her almost guiltily. She grinned at him, tiptoed and kissed his cheek.

That's when I noticed all his features - raven hair, heavy eyebrows, deep black eyes. He's a foreigner. He's a chinese and I know his name, his name is Zhang Yifan.

Sam's words from our very first encounter at Adam's house echoed inside my mind, "Your so-called true love would have made its own way to you, if it really was a true love"

Maybe Zhang, was her true love. It was silly of me, to think she could fall in love with someone like me.

And, all of a sudden I felt really tired. Like, the world had drained me for everything that I had. Everything around me shattered like a glass vase. I closed my eyes hoping that whatever I witnessed now was just a nightmare and begged myself to snap out of it. But, it wasn't a nightmare. It was the reality. I stumbled through the back door and exited the café.

You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see. But, you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel and right now, I felt like someone is trampling my heart. I made a mistake, and the mistake was not falling for her. It was thinking she had fallen for me too.

And, suddenly nothing even mattered anymore. All I wanted was to sleep forver. Because, everything you love, will one day kill you, be it cigarettes or drugs or the girl with chubby cheeks and cute smile, they all kill you in the end.

A/n: Merry Christmas! Hope y'all loved my surprise :) Comment your feedbacks. I'd be very glad to hear your thoughts on this particular chapter. Don't forget to vote!

(Not only Sherlock, even cute Zhang Yifan can fake his death!)

To know how Zhang rewoke from his death, keep reading and keep voting :p

*cumberhugs*

Love,
Cumber_romaniac xxx