Can't I Stay Away From Him?

The moment I set my foot on the Acklands house, I was welcomed by a delicious smell which led me to the kitchen. I found Alice taking something out of the oven.

"Whatever that is, that smells good!" I said.

"Hey, Sam! wanna taste?"

"Sure! what's the occasion?" I asked enthusiastically.

She single clapped and said, "Its Adam's birthday!"

" Oh, great! So, you're preparing the birthday cake?"

"Nah, he just loves cakes. So I'm in the process of doing all his favourite cakes" she said.

"The hall way looks plain and ordinary. No decorations?" I asked.

"That, his friends will take care"

Friends?? will I meet him, again? I was eagerly excited to meet "Adam's friends"

"Alice!!" a deep baritone voice called.

Now, I know the owner of that voice right?

"Hey, you!" Ben pointed and smiled at me.

I mentally sighed.

"Hey!" I greeted him back.

"Mate, what about these..." a voice trailed behind Ben.

"James, this young lady is..." Ben came to do the introduction.

" Ah! Samantha! right?" James beamed.

"Gotcha!" I whispered.

"You guys know each other?" Ben and Alice asked together.

"We just met in a café, that's all" James said.

They agreed. Then, Alice handed me a piece of what she called a chocolate mousse cake which tasted out of the world.

"Now, if you'll excuse me I'll go and check the work upstairs" I said and went upstairs to supervise the remodelling. It went pretty good as planned.

When I came down, Ben was stuffing his mouth with muffins. He looked so cute. I felt like pinching his cheeks.

"You got..." he gestured my head.

"What?" He came so close that I could smell his cologne. This smells better than the cakes.

He leaned forward and touched my hair. My knees suddenly felt like jelly. I quickly grabbed the staircase support. He carefully picked something off from my head and threw it aside. wood shavings?

"Ben!" James shouted.

"Coming!" Ben yelled back. He gave me his trade mark smile and left the space. Everything came back to normal within me. What the hell did just happen?

"Are you leaving?" Alice asked worried.

"Yeah. I don't wanna gatecrash your party"

" Don't be silly. Both Adam and I would be delighted to have you!"

"Yeah, stay. It'd be fun" Ben yelled from the kitchen.

"Alright, then" I shrugged.

Then I helped Ben and James with the decorations. I really loved their company. They were so much fun. I came to know that James wasn't a moody guy.