Long Nights

Samantha's POV:

The song was annoyingly slow. Don't take me wrong, I love slow songs but, today I'm not in the mood to appreciate it. Ben was getting awfully quiet too.

I haven't seen you in ages

Sometimes I find myself wondering where you are

The lyrics of this stupid love song was eating me slowly. It reminded me so much about Zhang. God, I don't want to cry now!

Tears were stinging my eyes already. I leaned my head on Benedict's chest and sobbed quietly. He froze.

"Sorry, another emotional outburst. Can we leave?" I wiped my tears carefully without ruining my eye makeup.

"So soon?" He asked.

"Um..Alright, you stay. I'm leaving" saying, I came out of the ball room.

"Sam! SAAM!!" Benedict came running.

"Can I come with you?" He asked with his puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah, under a condition" I said sternly.

"What is it?" He frowned.

"Don't talk. Just stay quiet and take me somewhere quiet and lonely. Will you?"

He nodded. We got to his car and drove off smoothly. I reclined on the passenger seat and sighed loudly.

I looked through the passenger window, the passing streetlights. We reached the highway and the silence was deafening. I'm holding myself up because I don't want to cry before Ben. I don't care about him teasing me anymore, I don't want to look so weak before men. I'm an inadvertent feminist, you should know it.

After a 3hr long drive, we reached a beach?

"Is that a beach?" I asked quite not believing my eyes.

"Certainly, " he gave me a sloppy smile.

I removed my heels and walked on the beach, feeling the warmth of the sand underneath my feet. Benedict, removed his jacket and rolled up his pants and sat down, gesturing me to join him.

"Wow, this place Is beautiful" It was a full moon day and the view was just magnificent. "Thanks for bringing me here" I said.

"Pleasure's all mine" he replied.

Benedict's POV:

She remained quite all the time during our drive here. God, I hated it. She was a lively girl, it hurts me to see her this way. I need to tell her to stop worrying over Zhang.

"Sam?" I started.

No reply. Her hair was floating in air which looked stunning, by the way.

"You should stop worrying about Zhang and move on..." I continued. She shot me a deadly glare.

"Move on?! Have you ever been truly in love with anyone in your entire life?" She snorted.

"Sam, I understand, Losing someone whom you love is tough. But it doesn't mean you should kill yourself every other day slowly. Someday, somehow your life will change the way it wanted to be" I said.

"The first time you fall in love it changes everything and no matter how hard you try, that feeling won't go away! And the hardest thing for me is not talking to someone whom I used to talk everyday...and you ask me to move on?" She snorted, yet again.

"Sam, the past can never be changed, forgotten, edited...It can only be accepted. Sometimes the worst thing that happens to us puts us directly in the way to the best thing that will ever happen to us" I said.