His Girlfriend

Benedict's POV:

The past two weeks were not good. Don't get me wrong, I had some amazing time at the work. But, 'work is not all' as my ex-girlfriend quotes. My personal life is a big question mark. I know I was looking for a shoulder to cry, when I broke up with Olivia; but, meeting Anna I thought that was the best thing happened to me. Now, I feel I was hell wrong!

I don't even know why we are still pretending that things are good between us. I know this relationship is just for the sake of others in my view. Because the one I'm looking for is definitely not Anna. But, Anna is a great woman. She's more committed in our relationship than me. I'm not sure she'd put up with me any longer. Its better that we break.

People keep nagging me about what went wrong between me and Olivia because we dated for almost a decade. Yeah, the mere thought of my sour, compromising relationship with Olivia gave me chills down my spine. I'm very glad that I'm no longer with Olivia.

Now, I've decided to break up with Anna. But, I'm not really sure whether its a good decision. Of course, breaking up a relationship isn't a good thing. But, what I mean is, will that make me look vulnerable or incompetent to have a girl friend. This question gave me nightmares. I was feeling like I know I'm going to die but that was not happening sooner. I was disturbed very much.

*Ping*

A message.

A message from Sam?

I opened it and read, "Who's this?"

She's really dumb. She must be. I bloody gave her my number and now at midnight, she texts me "Who's this?"

"Who else have you met under the name Benedict Cumberbatch?" I texted her.

*Ping*

"Whoopsie. I didn't save your call!" she texted me back.

"Oh, fine. I hope you'd saved it now?" I replied her.

"Definitely!" she replied.

"Staying up late?" I don't know why, but I felt an immense urge to continue this phone conversation.

"Over viewing ED accounts" she replied.

"That must be tiring?" I texted.

"You can't imagine! My mind is throbbing"

"OK. carry on. Take care. Night!"

"Yeah. Good night!" I got my final text for the day.

I laid my head on the head board and began to think about my life so far. From Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch to 'The Benedict Cumberbatch' . I can't cope with my new celebrity status, and my personal life is an utter mess. Right now, I'm just happy by the fact that I'm doing a fantastic job and I love my profession. I hope my personal life also gets the best.

Samantha's POV:

"Oh, C'mon, I don't want to be late. I want to watch it from the credits!" Payal yelled.

"Coming..." I replied nonchalantly.

(At the theatre)

"Whoo!" payal kept booing.

"I'm going to the ladies room" I lied and went out.

She didn't care to acknowledge me. Once I was out, I saw many movie hoardings. I'd see any movie other than an action-thriller. I hate gun shots, chases and they are so unreal!

"Sam!"

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't I come to watch movies?"

"Yeah, of course, of course you can.." I stuttered.

Meanwhile a blondie joined us.

"Ben, dear! " she beamed.

OK, time to get back to the action thriller.

"Anna!" he beamed and pecked her.

She should've blushed. But she didn't. Instead, I turned pink. All of a sudden, the air turned so hot.

"Oh, Um... sorry, who's this?" she asked.

"That's Samantha, remember the creator of those psychedelic designs?" he winked at me.

Is he flirting with me? Aw, stop that.

"Oh, so you're Samantha. Ben goes on and on about you. I was wondering who's trying to steal my boyfriend. But, now, I think you barely have a chance."

HOW.RUDE!! I gasped mentally.

As it goes, face is the index of the mind, I felt my cheeks burning. I frowned.

"Aw, dear. I didn't mean it in an aggressive manner. That was supposed to be a joke" she managed.

I know. You didn't mean it that way, blondie.

Ben looked a wee bit shocked.

"It's time, shall we go?" he asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"yeah, nice to meet you Sam" she hugged me.

"You too" I said between the hugging.

They went inside the theatre.

Not for the sake that she's Benedict's girlfriend, but I already started hating her; she weighed me as an inferior person.

To be fair, I didn't really mind her when she implied me as an inferior person. Because people do it. But, a person's character is judged by how he/she is treating their inferiors. I would never ever  treat my inferiors like that; just spitting the venom out on the face. It's sad how the right ones always end up with bad ones. Good for me, that she said that. It made me to think again that he's WAY out of my league.

Life can't be a scene from a picture — it can never be perfect . Its goddamn life and the truth hits you hard!

Vote. Read. promote.