Time Isn't an Ally [Chapter 17]

Joe's POV

Halloween; the one night a year when you could act like a freak and no one would notice. Unless you were a Denail of course, because they were just freaks all year round - no offence to them.

Tonight was also the one time I would ever host a party for almost the entire city - it was my father's idea, I suspect it was another way of showing off how much money we had. But if he was happy, so was I.

The house had been decorated from top to bottom with plastic skeletons; spiders, fake webs - you name it, the house had it. The windows had even been boarded up completely and the water in the fountain at the front of the house had been dyed red. My father had even gone to the extremities of hiring a full firework display. He was determined that tonight would be perfect; I didn't see the point since he wasn't even going to be here - he and Elizabeth were off on their year and nine month anniversary cruise. Twenty one months together and planning their wedding? I think they were being a little extreme, but that's how my father works.

As I expected, Izazya was the first to turn up at the house; he casually strolled in and sat on the stairs.

"Hey Joey, how's it goin'?" he asked with a grin. I rolled my eyes at him and grinned back. He was dressed as a vampire; black skinny jeans, ripped and slightly dirtied, a white shirt covered in fake blood, a cape, fangs and face paint.

"It's going good Count Sexy-ass, how about you?" I asked.

"Count Sexy-ass? Are you implying that you've been looking at my ass, Joseph?" Izazya raised an eyebrow and stood up, walking to me. I backed away, biting my lower lip.

"Maybe," I replied casually. "What if I am?"

"Well, I'd have to argue because-" he paused. "Wait no I wouldn't, I know my ass is hot..." He looked at me and grinned and I burst out laughing.

"You're such a scary vampire," I said sarcastically.

"Less of the sarcasm or I will be scary," Izazya threatened. I raised my eyebrow at him and smirked.

"Bring it on," I grinned, not having time to do anything else before I was slammed against the wall. Izazya had me at least four inches off of the ground and was smirking at me.

"You know what vampires do, don't you Joe?" Izazya asked quietly. "They bite." With that, Izazya kissed the side of my neck slowly, putting me back on my feet. He pinned my arms above my head and tilted my head back, before biting the side of my neck. I yelped and whimpered quietly.

"Iz..Izazya!" I hissed, trying to stop my voice shaking.

"That's Count Sexy-ass to you, Joe." Izazya growled against my throat, biting me again. I cried out one again and struggled under his grasp. "Not so smart now are you, Greenwood?"

"Still just as smart, just being influenced not to be." I replied in a fairly steady voice.

"I could just make it so you can't talk at all," Izazya suggested.

"And how do you plan to do that?" I asked.

"Well we could go up to your room and I could-"

"Izazya, leave the boy alone!" I heard Sam yell from the front door. We both turned and looked at her. She was dressed as a pirate; captain Jack Sparrow to be exact.

"Aren't you a little old to be going to Halloween parties, Sam?"

"I'm only thirty five!" Sam yelled in reply, folding her arms.

"More like thirty five thousand," Izazya said under his breath. I couldn't help but snigger at his remark.

"That's it, get moving vampire, Joe needs to go get ready." Sam narrowed her eyes at Izazya and then at me, pointing to the stairs. Izazya released me and I smiled, kissing his cheek before sprinting upstairs.

As I walked down the stairs, I was greeted by the sound of music blaring from the living room. I sighed, immediately knowing it was Izazya who was playing it. I walked into the living room where I was taken by surprise; Izazya grabbed my hands before I even began comprehending what was happening and began spinning me around.

"Izazya!" I screamed, laughing as he put me back down on my feet. "What was that for?!"

Izazya smirked and shrugged at me. "I don't know, I just..." he trailed off, the smirk fading from his mouth. His head dropped and he looked at the floor. I hesitated, before placing my hand on the side of his face. "I'm scared I'll lose you at some point."

"Izazya, I promise you." I paused, lifting his head and forcing him to look at me. "I'm never leaving your side ever again."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I smiled and placed my lips to his. I felt his arms slide around my waist and he pulled me against his solid body. I could feel the muscles on his chest, and and arms; they enclosed me like a cage, but I felt safe. He pulled away with a sad smile on his face.

"I won't see you much tonight will I?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Depends who turns up." I replied, kissing him quickly again. He growled when I pulled away again.

"You have no idea how bad I want you at the minute, I'm very tempted to lock the doors and just have you to myself."

"Too bad you can't then," I grinned at him and skipped out of the room. I heard him sigh and turn the music down.