Time Isn't An Ally [Chapter 9]

Joe's POV

I felt like hell when I eventually fell asleep, and felt even worse the next morning. I was happily curled up in my bed sheets; warm and snuggly, when someone began shaking me and yelling my name. I groaned, trying to turn over and ignore them.

"Joe! Wake the fuck up you lazy slut!" I heard Sam scream at me, "or so help me I will throw this ice cold water on you!"

"I'm up!" I eventually yelled back, agitated and barely awake. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at her. "What do you want?"

"Um, maybe an apology to Izazya?!" she folded her arms across her chest, raising an eyebrow.

"I am not apologizing to that asshole, I'm the one who deserves the apology!" I exclaimed, sitting up in my bed. She looked at me and laughed sarcastically, before shaking her head.

"So stubborn, aren't you?" she gave me a look of disgust. "You're turning into the old him. You don't care anymore, do you?"

"I have no reason to," I shrugged, gesturing to the room. "I'm set for life."

"You call this a life, Joe? Where's the enthusiasm you had last year, where's the fun loving fuck-up we all loved? What's happened?" she asked, shaking her head and walking to the door. "Sort yourself out, and then decide what you want."

"Sort yourself out, and then decide what you want," I mimicked in a childish way. Yes, I was being childish; did I care? Not at all.

"Oh, are we stooping to that level now, Joe? You're being childish about this?" Sam laughed, looking at me and holding my gaze with her own dark, sinister one. "No wonder he left you. Maybe he actually saw what mess he'd landed himself in." I saw a smile play on the corners of her mouth; twisting them upwards. I narrowed my eyes at her, climbing out of bed.

"What are you trying to say, hm?" I asked, moving around the bed in a cautious style; being careful of where I placed my feet, as if I were a predator and she was the prey. She kept her feet planted, her head turned as she kept her gaze on me.

"What does it sound like I'm trying to say? Are you really that stupid that I have to spell this out for you?" she almost spat her words.

"It sounds to me like you're trying to say I'm not good enough for him." I stepped forwards quickly; I was about three metres from her now.

She laughed. "Spot on, Joe. That is what I'm trying to say. Maybe, you aren't as stupid as you seem!" her tone sounded slightly sarcastic. I didn't approve of what she was saying.

I acted before I realised what I was doing; I ran towards her, hands outstretched. She almost screamed, a small squeak coming from her throat, as she ran out of the room. I followed, obviously; chasing her down the corridor to the stairs. She turned to me, lashing out suddenly. She clawed at my face and I stumbled back, groaning, before looking at her. I leaped; landing ontop of her.

From there, it turned into a wrestling match; she struggled and then pinned me, I'd do exactly the same.

Eventually, she managed to kick me off of her. I soared into the air, before hitting a wall. I groaned as I fell to my knees, catching my breath. I looked up at her; she'd managed to climb to her feet, gasping for air.

"Joe, let's stop this." She managed to whisper between gasps. I laughed once, half-heartedly.

"Why would I do that?" I asked, tilting my head to the side as I placed my hands on my knees, propelling myself to my feet. "This has only just begun." I stalked closer, crouched close to the ground as I planned my next move. Go for her legs; take her out. She stepped back, edging towards the stairs. I watched her facial expression as I moved closer and she moved back.