Time Isn't an Ally [Chapter 11]

**HEY GUYS! I am absolutely loving the response I'm getting to this book so PLEASE keep it up! If you guys have anything you think would make the book better or anything you think is a great idea, please feel free to either message me or put it in the comments as I read every single one of the comments written and I'll reply to as many as possible. Once again thank you and I love you ALL. :) xoxo **

Izazya's POV

When I first woke up, I didn't feel any different to how I felt every Sunday morning; extremely hungover and hungry. I didn't really notice how strange the bed felt compared to my own, or how I couldn't move one arm... Or the warmth right next to me. I smiled to myself, I'd obviously had a good night. I debated opening my eyes right then and seeing the face of whoever was curled around me, but decided against it. Instead I nestled into the bedsheets, letting the strangely familiar scent fill my nostrils and calm my thoughts. It was too familiar. I tried to wrap my right arm around myself and the sheets, but found it only moved a little. I felt something around my wrist; a metallic cuff which was on surprisingly tight. Handcuffs? Who's idea was that?

The previous night suddenly came rushing back to me; the memories filling my mind and making me dizzier than the alcohol - brands that were unknown to me - had. The handcuffs were my idea, I'd stolen them. I'd cornered him in the darkness of a bathroom, in a place I didnt recognise. I'd made him vulnerable - why? I wanted revenge, not to have him handcuffed to me! My eyes shot open and I bit my lower lip. Please don't be him... Please tell me I got those handcuffs off and I took someone else to some hotel somewhere and I am not laid in bed with my ex...

"I-Izazya?" his voice shook; he was in as much shock as I was. I closed my eyes. It was him...

...Well at least I know him, I thought. I slowly rolled over to look at him and instantly knew it was a mistake; his blue eyes were wide with fear and confusion, his lips parted slightly, his blond hair half covering his face; sticking up in the strangest of places.

"Joe," I replied in a whisper; it was all I could manage. I felt guilty, I hated myself. Why had I done this? I'd ruined every plan of getting away from him I had, because now I was stuck with him for however long.

"Wh-what happened?" he asked in a whisper. I shook my head.

"I don't know, honestly. I was being stupid and now we're like this," I held up my wrist; the handcuffs jingled melodically and his wrist also lifted. He looked at the handcuffs and smiled slightly.

"Oh..." he sighed. "I don't mean about last night." I felt my eyes widen. "What happened to forever?"

"Please don't start this now..." I trailed off.

"Why? Are you scared because you can't run away? Can't run to your friends and call me whatever?" Joe's voice was filled with sadness as his eyes locked with mine. I couldn't look away and he was right, I was scared because I couldn't run; I couldn't walk away from this.

I sighed heavily. "It wasn't going to work out, long distance relationships never do."

"Did you lose interest?" Joe asked after a moment of silence. My breath hitched in my throat.

"J-Joe..." I sighed. "You think I'd be here right now if I'd lost interest? I would have killed you right there in that hospital." I said honestly. "I Just didn't want you to..."

"Want me to what?" Joe's eyes were glistening; he looked as if he was about to cry.

"To suffer because of me." I replied slowly. Joe shook his head.