Time Isn't An Ally [Chapter 8]

Joe's POV

I started drinking as soon as I arrived home. I switched on the CD player and Every Avenue - Between You and I began blasting from the surround-sound speakers. I went straight to the fridge and grabbed the first thing I saw; vodka. Grabbing a glass I slouched back to the living room and locked both doors. I collapsed onto the sofa and began drinking glass after glass of alcohol, the liquid burning my throat and making me feel light-headed as I drank more.

"Maybe it's all for the best..." I sang softly. "But i can't see any good in this, no." I sighed heavily and refilled my glass, gulping it down.

After I finished the bottle of vodka, I was half layed on the sofa. I didn't know what to do; no one could stop me, I had secluded myself from everyone. I heard a knock at the door.

"M-master Greenwood?" I heard Penelope ask. I sighed heavily.

"Go away, Penelope." I slurred. I heard her knock again.

"Would you like anything?" she asked softly. "I heard about you and Master Denail..."

"Don't talk to me about him!" I yelled, throwing my glass at the door; it shattered and sprayed onto the floor in a glittering and dangerously beautiful display. I heard Penelope scream from the other side of the door. I growled, debating over getting up and hitting her. I didn't know why; I wasn't usually violent. But... Tonight was different, I was hurt, so I had the excuse.

"S-sir?" penelope asked quietly. "Can I come in? I have a key..."

"Go ahead," I evenually sighed, after holding off a reply for a few minutes. I heard the door unlock and she walked in, closing it and locking it behind her. I looked at her; she looked so innocent. Her hair hung in ringlets around her heart-shaped face and her eyes sparkled in the dim light. I gave her a small smile and she smiled back shyly, sitting down next to me.

"You must be feeling pretty bad right now, Mast-"

"Call me Joe."

"Joe, then."

"Yes, I do." I sighed heavily. "I didn't think it would hurt this much. I mean, I knew it was coming..."

"It's hard, isn't it? I wouldn't know..." her head dropped slightly, so she was looking at the floor. I looked at her, my vision slightly blurry.

"Why's that?" I asked quietly.

"I've neer dated." She smiled slightly. I sat up - to a degree - and put my hand under her chin.

"What else haven't you done?" I asked, interested.

"A lot..." I saw her eyes widen slightly.

"Kissed?"

"N-no..."

"Would you like to?"

"J-Joe... You're gay..."

"Bisexual, actually," I grinned at her. "At this moment, I think it's safe to say I'm completely straight."

She giggled, a high-pitched and girly sound. It was beautiful. I let my hand wander to the back of her neck. She swallowed and moved closer to me. I leaned forward, brushing my lips against hers gently. Her hands ran up my chest, onto my shoulders, before she wrapped her arms tightly around my neck. I guided her gently so that she was layed across the sofa and I was over. I crashed my lips back down against hers, putting every ounce of passion I owned into the kiss.

A while passed, before I realised what I was doing and I pulled away.

"P-penelope... I am so sorry!" I whispered, breathing heavily. She looked up at me and grinned.

"Do you feel like being sorry for more than kissing me?" she winked at me, pulling me back onto her.

"No, I'm fine thanks..." I muttered, trying to push off of her. Instead, she rolled; shoving me off of the sofa and onto the floor. She knealt over me, pinning my hands above my head. I widened my eyes.

"Either you aren't as innocent as you told me, or you are very sexually frustrated," I said, swallowing hard.

"Both," she grinned. "do you know how hard it is to get laid when you're a maid?"

"Not very?" I asked sarcastically, looking at her extremely short dress. She narrowed her eyes at me. I grinned, before rolling, taking her off gaurd and pinning her down on the floor face down.

"Now, listen to me very carefully, Penelope." I hissed. She nodded her head slowly. "I'll give you what you want, as long as you're good until I say you can have what you want. Understand?"

"Yes, Master Greenwood," a seductive tone slipped into her words. I smirked.

"Now, you go into the kitchen like a good girl and get me something to drink, and some cigarettes."

"Yes, sir." I released her and she got up, sweeping down her dress with her hands before walking to the door. She unlocked it and walked out. I had a few moments alone to think about what I was about to do. Maybe, if I got drunk enough, I wouldn't remember it in the morning.

Kelsey's POV

"Izazya, don't you dare just leave him like that!" I screamed at him once I'd grabbed him and dragged him outside. "He doesn't deserve that!"

"Of course he does! Did you hear what he said to me?!" he yelled back, yanking his arm from my grip.

"Yes, but you didn't hear what he said for the rest of the six months you weren't here." I replied harshly. He paused, stunned. He obviously hadn't thought this part through, so I carried on. "You were so wrapped up in what happened in one day to think about the rest of the time you were gone, weren't you? And now, I'll bet you all the money in my bank account, he's trying to forget you."

"I.." was all he managed to say.

"Call him." I said. He nodded and pulled his phone from his pocket, dialling Joe's number and put him on speaker phone. The phone rung six times, before Joe eventually answered.

"H-hello?" he slurred, followed by a groan.

"Joe?" Izazya asked.

"Ugh, fuck yes. Izazya, what the fuck do you want? I'm a little busy." Joe replied.

"Busy with who?" Izazya asked uncertainly.

"Me!" a high-pitched voice said from the other end of the line. Izazya looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed, his face full of horror.

"I know that voice..." Izazya said softly.

"Izazya, darling! Welldone for giving me my play toy!" the girl said from the other end of the line. "But, if you don't mind, we're a little busy. I'm giving him what you never had the courage to give him. Poor baby, too scared huh? You weren't with me. Anyway, tah-tah!" the line went dead. Izazya dropped his phone onto the concrete.

"Penelope," he sighed, running his hands through his hair. "The whore took my boyfriend!" his hands balled into fists.

"Technically, at this moment... He's not yours." I pointed out. He glared at me and I raised my hands.

"I'll kill her!" he yelled.

"No, you're coming home with me. You can sort this out tomorrow, when you're both calm." I replied, grabbing him and dragging him to a parked taxi.