Time Isn't an Ally [Chapter 15]

Joe's POV

It took a moment before I realised what had happened; Izazya - my Izazya - was on the floor. How? I had no clue; he knew how to fight, I'd seen that in the many times he'd defended me. I stared at him for a moment, hoping he'd get up.

"Izazya," I muttered under my breath. I felt Nixon release my arm, so I stepped towards Izazya. I crouched beside him, running my hand through his hair. I listened to the silence that had fallen; nothing but the sound of people's breathing. That's when I felt something snap; a sharp pain ran through me, making my blood boil. I suddenly knew what Nixon meant; I wasn't afraid to fight until the death anymore.

I stood up straight and turned to Damon, who was stood by the wall trying to catch his breath. He looked at me; his eyes dark and merciless.

"You," I growled, stepping forwards. "You're going to fucking pay for what you've done."

"Oh am I?" Damon challenged, taking a defensive stance. "Come at me, bro."

"You asked for it," I shrugged, before running forwards and tackling him. We hit the wall and fell back onto the floor, wrestling. One minute, I was winning; I had him pinned. But the next I was under him, his hand over my throat. I managed to kick him off of me and rolled onto my knees, before stumbling to my feet.

"Hm, nice one. Guess you're a little stronger than your boyfriend," Damon nodded to Izazya crumpled on the floor. He'd moved. Only slightly, but he'd moved. I moved my gaze back to Damon, just in time to see him running at me. I hit the wall and stayed pinned a couple of inches from the ground, by my throat. I tried growling, but his grip was too tight to even breathe.

"I-Izazy-" I tried to say Izazya's name, but I never quite finished.

"Izazya's not going to help you, Joseph Greenwood. Any last words?" Damon asked with a cocky smile.

"I-Izazya's..." I swallowed. He loosened his grip a little, allowing me to take a gulp of air. "Izazya's behind you." I grinned, watching as Izazya tapped Damon on the shoulder. Damon released me and I dropped to the floor, gasping. Damon turned to Izazya and was punched in the face - he too fell to the floor with me.

"Let's see how you like being kicked, shall we?" Izazya asked, placing his boot against Damon's stomach. Damon shook his head but Izazya smirked, kicking him anyway. Damon's limp body slipped across the marble floor and haulted in the middle of the room. I smiled and tried sitting up. Izazya was instantly crouched by my side. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Fine, it's you I'm worried about." I looked at him; he still looked half unconcious, his eyes were half open and his skin pale. He smiled at me, placing his hand on the side of my face.

"As long as you're okay, I'm okay." He then leaned in, kissing me softly. I smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck. I felt his free hand slip onto my waist and the hand on the side of my face ran into my hair. He placed most of his weight on me and I could tell he was still recovering from the fight. I pulled away slowly and he whimpered, forcing my lips back onto his. I sighed and returned the kiss.

"Awh, that's so cute!" I heard Kelsey squeal. "Wait, what did I miss?"

"Do those two even stop to breathe?" Nixon added.

"Aparently not," Chel laughed. I pulled away for the second time and Izazya sighed, allowing me to and released his grip from my hair. I looked at him and smiled sheepishly, before looking at the floor. I felt Izazya wrap his arms around me and Iimmediately felt safe again, like nothing in the world could harm either of us.

"Come on, we need to go see Sam," Izazya muttered into my ear; his breath tickling it softly. "And then you can meet the sane side of my family."

Walking down the darkened corridors of the Denail Manor, I couldn't help but start to feel unsettled. Around me were the people who hated me the most at this moment in time, and no matter what Izazya said; I knew he hadn't forgiven me yet. I looked at him as we entered the room Sam was in; his facial features hardened and I felt him tense. He looked down at me and forced a smile.

"At least she's awake," he swallowed and I saw him grit his teeth. I looked at her; she was pale and had a heart monitor connected to her via multi-coloured wires. She looked at us both, her eyes searching for answers.

"Would you like me to leave, Izazya?" I asked softly. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"I'm sorry..." he trailed off.

"It's fine, I understand." I nodded to him and turned towards the door. "I'll see you later."

"Joe-"

I didn't listen to him call my name, I simply walked out of the door, closing it behind me. I knew this might change everything, and it was better to not look back. I walked briskly down the winding corridors and back down the sweeping staircase to the room which held the front door. Damon was just getting off of the floor. He looked at me and gave me half a smile. I tensed up slightly as I made my way down the last three stairs.

"He kicked you out, eh?" he asked. I nodded slowly. "Do you need a ride?"

"Why would I trust you?" I replied. "I'd rather walk."

"Look, I'm sorry for how I acted today." Damon said slowly, "Izazya and I have never really seen things in the same light, it's a normal occurrence."

"Your family is fucked up," I replied, pushing past him. "You need to sort yourself out."

I heard him sigh. "Let me give you a ride home, I mean I tried to beat you up, it's the least I can do."

"Fine." I growled, folding my arms.

"Thank you."

Izazya's POV

I didn't really think about Joe for the rest of the day; I was too busy running around after others. I didn't even notice that Damon left and slipped back into the room Sam was in every hour or so; I didn't really care either, Damon was weird and that was all he'd ever be.

"Sam do you need anything?" I asked as I popped my head into her now empty room; she was sat cross-legged in the centre of the bed, fiddling with the wires. She looked up at me and smiled.

"A cup of tea would be nice," she replied in a fragile voice. "Where's Joe?"

"Okay," I nodded. "Joe left."

"How?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing. "He didn't bring a car."

"He probably got a taxi," I replied slowly.

"Izazya, you know as well as I do that it's impossible to get a phone signal out here." She said sternly. "Now, how did your boyfriend get home? Secondly, did he actually get home?"