Time Isn't An Ally [Chapter 7]

Yes! I'm back on a roll and writing again - like a boss!

But on a serious note guys I want your feedback; I'll probably dedicate like a chapter of the book to comments on what you like, dislike etc etc. Anyway! On with the show! x

Unknown POV

The lights had dimmed, a band was playing onstage and couples were dancing in either a sophisticated way; twirling and spinning in time to the music, or jumping around like idiots. I personally prefered the more sophisticated way of dancing. As Jake - my prom date - and I spun, I couldn't help but overhear small snippets of coversations.

"He's back!"

"Aparently he's got something to say to someone!"

"Seriously?! Who do you think it'll be?"

I stopped spinning, breaking away from the comfort of Jake's chest. He tripped and almost fell. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "Careful, you fool." I said with a sigh, before walking to a small group of girls.

"Who's back?" I asked curiously, shifting my dress so it wasn't dragging across the floor behind me. They looked at me, their eyes lit up with excitement.

"You of all people should know, Britney." One of them said, rolling their eyes.

Jared's POV

"Are you sure about this, dude?" I asked, looking him up and down. He looked pretty good; dark suit with a plain white shirt. His dark hair was shorter than usual, styled in a casual sort of disarray. He looked at me with a small smile, nodding slowly.

"It's the only thing I have left to do, Jared." He replied softly, his voice barely audiable. I sighed, holding an arm out.

"Come here, big guy." I grinned and he walked over, hugging me tightly. I patted his back and he pulled away with a heavy sigh.

"He's going to hate me for this, but I need to do this." Izazya muttered, wringing his hands. I nodded in reply; I had to agree, because I knew it was true. This was by far the worst idea Izazya had ever had, but it would do him good. Everyone knew this was coming, it was just unexpected.

"He'll take it the way Joe always does... Except with a bit more attitude." I said,

"Attitude?"

"He's turned into you, but rich and gets everything he wants without needing to work for it." I explained, "I think it's just because his dad's took him in and we all know what his dad's like." I explained, folding my arms across my chest. Izazya nodded with a sad smile, before looking to the stage curtain. The lights had dimmed even further out in the hall, and the crowd has begun raising their voices in panic.

"My time to shine."

Joe's POV

The room was practically pitch black, except for a dim light on the stage. I saw the curtain move and someone step through. Girls screamed and guys chanted, but one name in particular. Izazya. I felt my eyes widen and the blood drain from my face as I backed away. I felt Kelsey pull me forwards.

"No! He can't be here!" I hissed. "He left, he's not meant to come back!"

"He is Joe!" Kelsey replied. The room went silent as he began to speak.

"I know you guys..." he paused. "Haven't seen me for a while." His words were followed by a raucus of voices from the crowd. I wanted to scream; I didn't want to hear what he had to say.

"But, I'm back. Not permanently; just for a few days. I'm in the army, a lot of you will know that. I enjoy it, I've met a lot of new people, but I've realised something. People can be assholes, and there's one person in particular who I'm talking about." The lights brightened and I saw him. His hair was shorter than I remembered, his skin darker. I swallowed; I knew as soon as his eyes met mine, that he was talking about me. "Joseph Greenwood."

The crowd turned to me, every pair of eyes in the room glaring at me. I avoided eye contact with them all, and instead kept my eyes on Izazya. Just breathe, Joe. Everything will be fine.

"I don't think you understand how much I've sacrificed for you Joe, in the last few months. That fucker who knocked you unconcious and put you in hospital, what happened to him, hm? Oh wait, I almost killed the fucker." His voice was rough, his words harsh. "And who picked you up off of the floor when everyone else just stood and stared? Me!" I swallowed hard, finally dropping my gaze to the floor.

"And now... Now I'm here to tell you the truth. In the words of Gerard Way, I don't love you like I did, yesterday." He said, the crowd began whispering as I looked at Kelsey, trying to stop the tears from spilling from my eyes, before walking towards the exit.

"Is that it? You're going to walk away?" Izazya asked in almost a yell. I turned slowly and looked at him.

"What do you want me to say Izazya? Do you want me to beg you to stay? Because I am not, I repeat I am not begging such an idiot like you to stay. Go where you want... And, since you quoted a song; I guess I will too. In the words of Nicki Minaj; fuck who you want and fuck you like. I'm done with you Izazya, goodbye." I yelled, before walking out.

I hailed a taxi and got in, telling the driver my fathers address, before relaxing in the seat. I wasn't going to think over tonights events; it'd hurt too much. I'd just have to get on with life without him. I'd done it for months, now I just had the rest of my life to do. There were other people out there, it was just about finding the right person. I smiled to myself. I could do this, I didn't need an asshole like him.