Sneakin' Around

((3 Weeks Later; Laila's POV))

     It's been three weeks since my parents banned me from seeing Trey. Did I listen? HELLO NO! I go by his house almost everyday. I finally met his mom, she is lovely, strong, independent and beautiful. His little sister, Iman, is adorable. His family is so caring and loving! If you're wondering, yes his mom does know everything that's going on. When I go to Trey's I say I'm going to Carmen's or Izzy's house. Jacob knows that I am lying to them. He is a real supportive and caring brother.

Since the next two weeks is Thanksgiving break, our family is going to New York for a week.

"Laila, do you have your stuff packed?" My mom kept asking me that aggravating question.

"YES!" The only thing I had to pack was my travel bag, that took a matter of 20 minutes. My Mom, Dad, Jacob and I were going on the trip. The next morning, we went to the airport for 4:30am. Our plane didn't board until 5:30am.

I called Trey...

Me: Hey bae!

Trey: Aye boo, wassup?

Me: Nothing in this cold airport.

Trey: Oh, imma miss you!

Me: Imma miss you too! Since Jacob and I are sharing a room at the hotel we can face time and chiz.

Trey: Good! My sister said hey!

Me: Tell my munchkin I said hey!

Trey: Aight...Bae, we gotta tell your parents eventually, Because I don't want things to get worse. To the point where yall end up moving!

Me: I know. Imma talk to them when we get back, so we can have a meeting with both of our parents.

Trey: Aight, dats cool I guess.

Me: It is cool! But, bae I got to go my flight is about to board. I love you and don't ever forget it!

Trey: Byee! Love you too! Call me when you land.

"Who were you on the phone with?!" My dad asked me curiously.

 "Carmen! What's the big deal?! Why does it matter who I'm talking to?! Is it your business?! NO! Give me some personal space, please....."

 I walked off to the boarding area, alone. I was sitting next to Jacob and this old man. My parents sat 3 rows behind us.

  I was so tired so I put on my headphones, pulled my hood over my head and fell asleep on my brother's shoulder. When I woke up we were landing in New York. I got off the plane with Jacob and my parents traveling behind me. We got our bags from baggage claim and went to the hotel. Our hotel was the Four Seasons.

When we got to the hotel Jacob and I went to our room, so did our parents. I was happy that we didn't have to share a room with them. They irk my nerves!

"You aight?" Jacob asked me with laughter and concern in his voice.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're slamming all your clothes on the bed." I guess I got angry thinking about my parents.

"I'm cool!" There was something I forgot to do.....oh yeah! Text my sugaboo!

Me: Hey sugaboo!