Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Jason sat playing with the stirrer in his coffee mug as his eyes wandered around the packed caf\u00e9, waiting impatiently for Katee to finish off yet another text message as he searched for anything in his surroundings to rid him of his boredom. She had been fine about not meeting up last night though the reply she had sent him was flat and to the point. It was obvious that she wasn't, but unless she made it clear with him with her real feelings then he wasn't going to speculate otherwise; he just had too much on his mind at the moment to play women's games.  

Jason had enjoyed the night round Grant's with his friends whilst watching the match, though they had spent most of the time talking and taking little interest in the game. It ended up a 0-0 affair and they felt robbed that they could not have their pound of flesh in the direction of Sam who had joined them. He had looked nervous each time Chelsea came under threat as the pack of baying teenage wolves around him prayed for a red victory, but to no avail. At the end of the night Sam sat back smugly on the sofa and said nothing as was his smooth characteristic. Instead he exacted revenge upon them by taking them all down on Scum killer 3, a seasoned pro in the making. 

Jason had lifted his mood slightly as he reminisced of last night. His mates had always exuded a medicinal effect upon him. His thoughts of his friends filled the temporary void of waiting and hadn't even realised that Katee had finished yet another text message and was waiting for him to re-join her in the real world. 

'You ok there hun? You were miles away. What were you thinking about?' 

Jason shook out of his trance and looked at Katee with a warm cheesy smile. 'Oh, not much really. Apart from wondering what the world record is for sending text messages in an hour, and how close you might be to breaking it, I'm Just looking forward to the fact that I've got one exam left and then I'm free.' 

Katee frowned at him and tilted her head slightly. Her eyes studied him with a look that gave away the fact that she did not entirely understand his answer or the level of sarcasm entwined amongst it.  

'Are you sure you're ok J? I know that you've had a lot on lately with all that stuff that you thought was going on around your new house. Is that all forgotten about now?' She frowned deeper. 'I take it you took my advice and stayed away from that nutter that was stalking you up there?' 

Jason felt cornered and could see the change in Katee's expression. She was deadly serious. It had annoyed him that she was so quick to dismiss the whole situation that was going on around him. Thought? THOUGHT?!! She was labelling the whole thing as a typical teenage boy's fantasy world. Or worse still, she thought he was losing the plot. Everything has to be James Bond and surrealist if it has no part in the normal day to day setup of the world. There was never any truth to a boy's story that even hinted at the most miniscule possibility that there was a real chance of having the unusual attached to it. A teenage girl's world was so much duller; wanting to go clothes shopping, finding an older guy with a car and growing up and settling down yesterday. Always they were the more mature, more sensible, and more boring, ready to go out in the world straight from the children's world of school and integrate into the adult world of work without a problem. The thought unnerved Jason. He was on the brink of going into the adult world of work and careers, leaving his children's world behind forever. Was that how it was going to be with Katee? She was such a girly girl and though he loved it to a certain extent, he did not want to give up the fun things in life like mucking around with his mates and playing computer games which she seemed to despise greatly. Was he not mature enough for her? Jason snapped out of his thoughts when Katee pressed him. 

'J! Are you listening babe?' 

'Errrr, yeah. No she's out of the picture. She texts me now and then but I just ignore them.'