She Way Out (feat. Amber Heard)

Request: one where kit is a teacher (X)

Word count: 2546

“I am so glad this semester is over!”

Smiling, Kit watched as Melissa picked up her martini before taking a sip.

“That’s why you should take up my profession” Harold smiled as Kit let his eyes scan the crowded bar.

“And what exactly is that?” Melissa joked.

Kit was out with a handful of friends, celebrating his birthday at one of their favorite bars. With the semester ending, he figured it was best to let them take him out after he finished grading the final exams of his classes.

He finished the beer in his hands, his gaze landing on the back of a woman resting against the bar.

Her long hair was curled, spilling down her back. She wore a red dress which hugged the curves of her body, but it was the butterfly tattoo on her neck which came into view as she pulled her hair over her shoulder which made him pause. He’d seen it a number of times in his classroom, but the last time he had was nearly two years ago.

When she turned and faced him, three beers in hand, her gaze landed on his as she looked around the crowded room. It was obvious she wasn’t there alone, explaining the drinks, yet she made her way towards his table.

It was Melissa who noticed Kit’s lack of contribution to the conversation, following his gaze just in time to see the woman stop behind Harold’s seat. Being one of the only females in their circle of friendship, she was used to women throwing themselves at either Kit or Harold. Harold never turned them down, Kit on the other hand was different. But as she overlooked the woman standing in front of her, Melissa realized this was one he couldn’t possibly turn away. She was gorgeous.

“Mr. Harington,” the girl smiled causing Harold to turn in his seat to get a better look at the owner of the voice. “Happy Birthday.”

“Mr. Harington?” Harold smiled with a raised eyebrow. “No need to use that language around here sweetheart. We’re out having fun, not working.”

Smiling, she let her eyes take in the men and women at the table before letting them rest on Kit.

"She must be a student" Melissa noted, her tone of disapproval only going noticed by the woman all the men at the table were focusing on.

Sitting his empty pint down, Kit smiled “guy’s this is Bexley Sanchez. She’s a…former student of mine.”

"So that means you are?" Harold smiled, his gaze traveling up Bexley.

“Graduated” she continued. “Going on two years now.”

“What was your name again?” Melissa asked as she ran her fingers through her hair.

“Bexley” she smiled. “My friends call me Bex.”

“Bex,” Harold smiled. “I like it.”

“Yeah” Melissa sighed. “Cute.”

“I’m going to let you guys get back to your celebration” Bexley smiled as she took a step back. “Just wanted to say happy birthday.”

Nodding a “thank you,” Kit watched her give the table a smile before starting towards the group of friends she’d arrived with.

Remaining where he was, Kit was glad she disappeared out of his sight because he was sure she would’ve held his attention all night.

"So that guy was your teacher?"