Inspiration

Request: Can you do one where a girl is reunited with Kit after she comes home from college? 

Reaching into his front pocket, Kit concentrated on balancing the bag of groceries in his arm as he searched for his keys. Unlocking the stairwell door, he paused as a voice floated towards him.

“Hold the door please!”

Remaining where he was, Kit rested his back against the door before glancing out the door to see the woman calling out to him. He found himself doing a double take as he took her in.

Her dark brown hair was much shorter than he remembered, her green eyes unmistakable.

She hadn’t noticed him yet, her attempts to ensure she didn’t drop any clothes spilling over the edges of her hamper distracting her.

“Thanks” she sighed in relief as she reached the front steps. “Oh, hey.”

“Hey…”

“How are you?” Meghan asked as she took in the aviators and his hair.

“Good…You’re back?”

“Yeah, I’m actually staying with my mom. I just finished school.”

“Brown right?” Realizing his quick response probably wasn’t the best move, Kit found himself removing his sunglasses nervously before slipping them in his shirt pocket.

“Yeah.”

Smiling she brushed her hair out of her face, gasping “shit” as she nearly dropped her basket.

“Here, let me help.”

Offering her his bag, Kit watched as she remained where she was her eyes on his instead.

“You grew your hair out” she replied as she sat her basket down before taking the bag from his hands. “I like it.”

“The washers still broken?” he asked, stopping to grab the basket as she started her way upstairs.

“Yeah,” she sighed. “Apparently they’re to be fixed in a few days, had to walk to the laundromat because my mom needed the car for work.”

“You could’ve just asked me for a ride.”

“I thought about it” she admitted, the truth was she’d thought about it more than once. The idea of whether or not his number was still the same crossing her mind as she waited for her clothes to dry. “But I wasn’t sure if you were still here. I didn’t see the Cutlass outside.”

“Yeah, I sold it.”

“Too bad” she smiled. “I liked that car.”