My Best Friend's Brother (feat. Lilly Collins)

Summary: Sierra gets closer to her friend’s older brother when she spends the night at their house for a sleepover.

Word Count: 1865

Running her fingers through her hair, Sierra turned the corner into the dark kitchen. She didn’t bother to turn on any lights as she rounded the island before stopping in front of the fridge, the light footsteps tracking across the floor letting her know she wasn’t alone.

Sure enough, she felt a warm furry ball rub against her calf as she opened the door. The light which came flooding out temporarily blinded her as she yawned. It was three in the morning, and despite the massive amount of food she’d consumed with Jessie, her best friend, the night before she awoke to a growling stomach.

She took in the fully stocked shelves, the pizza box from earlier that evening being her best option before getting a slice.

It wasn’t until she took a bite that she found herself jumping at the sound of a voice behind her.

"Hey Sierra."

Turning around, Sierra took in the guy standing behind her. Kit was Jessie’s older brother and he wasn’t supposed to be home. At least not until later in the morning.

He was a year older than her and Jessie which meant they’d spent their latter years as friends, but as they hit high school Kit drifted into the popular crowd and the sight of every girl in school.

"When’d you get back?" She asked suddenly aware of her lack of clothes.

Kit only showed that he noticed, she was wearing nothing but an over sized shirt, for a brief second as he smiled “nice shirt” before reaching around her.

She took a set back as he rested his hand against the door before grabbing a soda.

Once he retrieved it, he remained where he was leaving barely any personal space for her.

"Um…how was the game?" She asked as she watched him toss the cap onto the counter.

"Good" he smiled.

"Did you guys win?" She asked as she slipped under his arm before taking a seat at the island.

"Yeah."

"So what, you’re not out celebrating?"

Shrugging he rested against the counter before draining nearly half his bottle before sitting it aside.

"Everything okay at the house" He asked instead of providing an answer to her question.

"Yep" she replied.

A silence fell over them as she concentrated on finishing her pizza as calmly as she could, the fact he hadn’t left making her uncomfortable.

"My mom didn’t tell me you were coming over" he spoke after almost two minutes of awkward silence.

"Yeah" she cleared her throat as she dusted off her hands, the sudden realization she had nothing to distract her forcing her to look up at him. "It was sort of a last minute thing. A girl’s night since you were staying with Rob."

Faintly smiling, Kit replied “you only come around when I’m not here?”

"That’s not true."

"I never see you anymore."

Taking in his smile, Sierra found her cheeks heating as she replied “it’s a two way street.” The truth was she and Jessie spent most of their time at her house, the avoidance of Kit and his latest girlfriends always making Sierra sick to her stomach.