Lullabies

Though you weren’t mine, you were my first love - Yuna

Squeezing your way away from the bar you take a sip of your coke before glancing around the crowd.

First night back in LA and you’re at a party full of some old friends and some people you didn’t even know, and all you can think about is crawling into bed.

The sixteen hour flight you just stepped off of an hour ago had your body feeling completely out of whack, but you knew you needed to stop by and at least say hi before holing yourself up in your apartment the next two days to catch up on sleep.

Despite being invited personally, you still hadn’t ran into Kit which is partly your fault since you headed straight to the bar as soon as you hit the roof.

Rooftop party in LA.

Normally you’d be excited but all you could focus on was downing enough caffeine to keep you alert enough not to fall over the edge of the building.

With all the party decorations and all the people, the roof hardly looked recognizable.

Upon looking at it tonight you wouldn’t be able to tell that you and Kit had spent countless nights up there after you and your boyfriend had gotten into one of your epic fights. Or that every time one of you needed to escape, even for just a few minutes, it was done up here together.

"Where the fuck have you been girl?" Chris chuckled lifting you off the ground, not bothering to stop as your drink teetered threateningly at the rim of your glass.

"Ghana" you giggle as he stands you upright.

"Right" he smiled watching as you struggled to straighten your dress. "I forgot, our little college girl going off to save the world one classroom at a time."

Avoiding his hand as he attempted to ruffle your hair. “I don’t know, I never was able to teach you anything.”

Rolling his eyes he took in your smile before nodding across the pool.

"Yeah whatever, make sure you go say hi to the birthday boy. He’s growing restless."

Following his gaze you take in Kit and the group surrounding him.

It’s full of mostly women, none you recognize but all who were clearly fighting for the same thing: his attention.

They were all laughing at whatever he was saying making you instinctively roll your eyes, Kit was funny at times but not that funny.

"I doubt that" you reply giving him a smile before turning to leave. "I’ll let you get back to the ladies."

Stopping he kissed your cheek before smiling “see you around.”

Nodding you watched him head in Kit’s direction.

Keeping your gaze on him you watched as he sat down beside him before leaning over to tell him something. You instinctively found yourself reaching up to comb your fingers through your hair before glancing down to check your dress.

The moment you saw him stand up to excuse himself you found yourself focusing on finishing your drink, wondering why it actually didn’t have any alcohol in it to help fight off the nerves that were quickly forming.

You knew exactly where he was heading which is why you don’t bother looking up as you feel the all too familiar sensation of electricity travel from your fingers all the way down to your toes. It was one you’d been experiencing since you met that night downtown at the age of fifteen.