chapter sixteen

The police were scattered at the warehouse, emptying the containers filled with drugs.
They got a location and container number registered on the three men, that morning. They went to interrogate all men and arrested them. The news was on the air, on every station saying the masked girl had saved them again. This time people were commending rather than condemning their heroine. Some even said they would host a party to know if she would attend, so they could give her a character name. A few wanted to see what she looked like, some wore a sample of her mask, some said she needed a proper costume like that of wonder-woman.
Jasmine laid on her couch listening to their compliment and smiling. She decided to check on Abbie, then her mother. She thought of a better plan to take down Balogun.
"Hello!" Jaz asked on phone.
"Hey! How are you?" Abbie asked.
"I am fine. Just wondering how you've been". Jaz was thinking of what to say next.
"I am fine at least, i have got company. Richard is staying at my place, our wedding is this weekend". Abbie said joyfully.
"Wow! I was- sorry i wanted you to come over", she stammered.
"Did anything happen? Is it about that leonard of a guy?" Abbie asked panicking.
"Take a chill pill, i am going on a date", Jaz was still talking when Abbie interrupted.
"OMG! With leonard?" Abbie exclaimed.
"Damn, no. I just need your help i haven't done anything like this before. Besides, it's a friend". Jaz cursed under her breathe regretting why she asked for Abbie's help.
"Text me your address. Finally someone took to my advice". Abbie replied blushing.
"Shut up", Jaz hanged up then smiled.
She called her mother, who was very much surprised. They talked about the latest news in Lagos. She had asked Jaz to come up for the investigation concerning the masked girl. She told her not to waste her talent sleeping all day at home. Jaz wondered what Abbie had been telling her while she was not around.
Abbie came to Jaz place, she had noticed how small the place was and how hidden it is, in the middle of nowhere. She wondered how she fed.
"I brought some clothes as we are almost same size but you might find it a bit tight cause of your fat ass". Abbie said tapping her ass.
"Are you tapping anointing cause if you are, it ain't gonna work". Jaz said jokingly.
Abbie dressed her up, did a less visible makeup on her cause she had natural beauty.
"Thanks alot", Jaz thanked her sister.
Are you going to tell me about this guy", Abbie asked putting her makeup into its bag.
"He is just a friend that, an old friend", Jaz said confusingly.
She had been staying at Abbie's for close to five months and still hid her secret well. Abbie knew nothing of what she did, those times she was out, hunting, but we do!