Page 9

"Griffin..." I started, completely shocked.

"Please. Let me finish. I don't wanna ruin our friendship and what we have. Because it's amazing. I just... You looked good today and I almost acted up. And the time with the shorts... It's because I didn't want you liking any other guys if they approached you. At the hotel for Playlist, I just wanted to be in a room in case you would end up in my bed. And I would do anything for you, so that's why I let you do makeup on me and paint my nails. I thought you we cute from the moment I saw you on my For You Page," he sighed.

"You're like an older brother, Griffin."

"Ouch."

"And, yeah, I don't wanna ruin our friendship over this. But... Can you give me some time?"

"I... Yeah. Yeah, sure." He walked out and I was mentally squealing. Someone liked me. But I didn't expect it to be Griffin. I was debating with myself what to do since I couldn't sleep. Griffin was honestly cute, he had a great personality, he was super fun, and he cared about me. But we were best friends and I didn't know if I had brotherly love for him or boyfriend love. I had to find out because I didn't wanna lose Griffin. I quickly texted him to come to my room before I regretted it. He stood above me awkwardly and I sighed, standing up. I explained my thoughts to him and he nodded. "How about we go for dinner tomorrow? A date?"

"Yeah... I'll decide my feelings then." Griffin smiled and nodded, hugging me.

"Night," he whispered and left.

The next day, we went on a date and it was formal so I had to wear a dress. We had fun and had a ton of laughs. We got in an Uber and it was a long drive back.

"There's one last thing I need to do to test my feelings," I said.

"What?" He asked. I pulled him closer and kissed him. I felt butterflies in my stomach, my spine was tingling... It was amazing. "Decided?" He questioned, nervously.

"Griffin, I... like you too," I said and he kissed me again.

"So... Then will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"We're here," the Uber guy said and we got out. The boys looked at us and Griffin smiled.

"You're looking at two new relationship partners!" He said and they were shocked.

"But you were best friends..." Kio said.

"I mean, we still are. But now we're dating, too," I said. They were quiet and I went up, changing out of my dress. There was a knock on the door as soon as I finished. "Come in."

"Hey," Griffin walked in and was in a hoodie and shorts.

"Hey. You know you never have to knock, right?"

"Yeah... But I just wasn't sure." I removed my makeup and Griffin sat on the bed. "You should do my makeup for a YouTube video."

"Alright. I'm down." I smiled and he opened his arms for a hug. "I'm still trying to get used to the whole relationship thingy," I hugged him.

"Honestly, me too. It's been forever," Griffin said as I lied down.

"Six months over here."

"2 years."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. But it doesn't matter now. I have you."

"Why didn't you..."

"Date for 2 years?" He asked and I nodded. "Because I got my heart broken. I thought she was... the nicest lady I'd ever met. Then she cheated on me. She was on my mind every second until I saw you. You were... never noticed like Katherine was. You kinda reminded me of myself. Just personality traits. And you're super pretty. But you remind me of her sometimes. You have the same eyes as her. I get lost in your eyes. More than I did with hers."

"I'm sorry, Griff."

Griff," he stated and liked it. "Phoebs." I smiled and he got up. "Anyways, I'll see you in the morning."

"Yeah." He stood there for a good 5 seconds before turning and leaving. I slept and woke to Griffin jumping on me. "Hey," I smiled.

"Come on. Wake up! You and I are going shopping," he said.

"Shopping?"

"Yep." I got up and took a shower, coming out in the outfit he hated. It showed my butt and he sighed, sucking it up. We ate first and then left. We got to Brandy and Griffin stood awkwardly. "I have to pee," he said and I looked at him.

"Then go," I smiled. He let and I was looking at a rack. He still wasn't back after 3 minutes and I hated being alone.

"Hey," some dude came up to me. "Nice ass, babe. Wanna go out sometime?"

"I'm taken."

"He's not here right now. What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Um... No." I backed away, but he kept following me. "Can you leave me alone?"

"Not until I get a kiss," he smirked and made a quick kissy face. I felt a familiar hand on mine and I was pulled back.

"Leave her alone," Griffin said. "Before I beat your ass." I pulled my hoodie down so everything was covered. The dude walked away quickly and Griffin glared at me. "I told you. I literally told you! But you said 'No. It's fine. You're just paranoid!'" He mocked me in a girly voice. I turned away and started walking. "I'm not saying sorry. You're gonna."

"Fine. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you," I crossed my arms and he followed me.

"Okay, and?"

"And I'll never wear that again."

"Good." He nudged me to keep walking and we found a few things. I paid for both of our stuff and Griffin insisted on carrying everything.

"I feel bad. Let me carry some stuff too," I said.

"No. You're a princess."

"Which princess?" I smiled.

"Cinderella. 'Cause your clothes are coming off at midnight."

"Uh!" I stopped walking and he smiled. "Griffin!" I hissed and caught up to him.

"I'm not even kidding though. They will."