Page 5

A week passed after going to court and I was happier. I got to live with my friends, and I even got more comfortable with Griffin. It was midnight when I got a text.

G: You awake???

Me: Yeah why?

G: Can't sleep. Come over?

I got up and went to his room, staying quiet so I didn't wake the others. I slipped into his room and he immediately threw chapstick at me.

"Ow!" I whispered.

"Ha, ha!" He whispered back.

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck me." I rolled my eyes and he smiled. I sat next to him and he was shirtless. I put on the chapstick that he had thrown at me and handed it back to him. "What do you wanna watch?"

"I literally was about to sleep when you texted me. And now you wanna watch a movie?" I sighed.

"Alright, fine. Go back."

"A'ight, imma head out, then."

"No! I was kidding, bro," Griffin said and pulled me back. We watched a movie and I went back to my room.

In the morning, we ordered breakfast and the maid wasn't coming, so we had to clean out the garage.

"Here's what we'll do. Bryce and Josh work on getting rid of the cardboard in the garage, Anthony clean the kitchen, Jaden pick up everything in the 2 living rooms and sweep the floor, Quinton fish the alcohol bottles out of the bottom of the pool. You need to drain it and wipe the green out of the inside of it. Kio wash dishes, Griffin sweep the stairs, the first floor, and the hall to the bedrooms," I ordered.

"What are you doing?" Bryce asked.

"I'm doing your boys' laundry, cleaning your rooms, doing your beds, fixing your gaming room, and basically everything a mother does. Josh, you're cooking lunch. We're above our budget for the week." We all went our separate ways and I started with Kio's room. I got all their laundry washed while I made their beds and picked everything up off the floor. I dried it and started folding everyone's clothes and left them in the 7 baskets. I started working on the gaming room and Griffin walked in.

"Hey, Phoebe," he said and I looked at him.

"Put a shirt on," I walked out after I finished and came face to face with the others.

"Done," they said.

"Phoebe!" Kio yelled from the kitchen and we all walked in. "Help!" The water was splattering everywhere and I sighed, mentally facepalming myself. I turned the water off and he was soaked.

"You're better off with the dishwasher," I said and he stared at it. "You boys know nothing!" I groaned. "You're all free now." They were happy about it and left me. I put everything in the dishwasher and started it. I let them dry and put them away in the cupboards. I headed to my room and heard Bryce, Josh, Kio, and Jaden filming TeaTok Tuesday. 

"Phoebe," Griffin said and I looked at him.

"Yeah?" I asked but it came out as a whisper.

"I... put a shirt on... Like you told me to."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk then."

"It's fine."

"When I have to clean up after others, it just annoys me and I tend to say everything on my mind," I said and he nodded as we stood in silence.

"So you're not mad at me for any reason, right?" He asked.

"No."

"Then... let's go to lunch?"

"Sure," I smiled and he nudged me to walk, pulling me into his room. He threw me a hoodie and I tucked in the back so it showed how thicc I was.

"Yeah, no," Griffin came over. "You can show your ass to me, but no one else."

"I'm literally not getting out of the car, Griffin."

"I don't care," he growled and untucked my shirt. "I want you to change out of your shorts and put on leggings or jeans."

"Are you serious right now?" I asked and he pushed me to my room. I changed and he took me to lunch. We ate in the car and it was quiet. "What is up with you? You always let me wear shorts."

"Don't worry about it. But... I'm sorry for snapping, okay?"

"I know you never mean to be mean, Griffin. Um... I'm going to Jersey tomorrow."

"You're telling me now?"

"I forgot. I'm just visiting my cousin. It's basically my house, but he can't afford a place to stay, so I let him live there." Griffin nodded and we got home.

"A'ight. I'm heading out now," Bryce had his suitcase and was going to Maryland to visit his parents.

"Okay, bye," I hugged him and Griffin watched me. Bryce left and Griffin took my hand.

"I get that you're visiting your cousin and it's like family stuff, but can I come with you?" He asked. "But... It's okay if you say no. It's fam-"

"Griffin. Yeah, you can come," I shrugged with a smile.

"And Kio?"

"Yeah. If he wants." The three of us ended up going to New Jersey and it was night when we landed. We got to the house and we went to our rooms. My cousin mainly kept to himself and we ordered dinner.

In the morning, Kio was the first one up and came into my room.

"Hey," I said.

"Yo. When did you get up?" He asked.

"Uh... Just a while ago. I just have to do my hair and makeup."

"Oh."

"I'm ordering Postmates right now. What do you want?"

"Uh... Where are we ordering from?"

"IHOP." He added his order and I booked it.

"What about Griffin?" Kio asked.

"He'll take some of mine," I shrugged. "I'm gonna go see if he's awake."

"Go live." I did and everyone commented that I looked different.

"Yeah, I know," I whispered. "I'm trying to see if Griffin is awake. 'Where is Bryce?' He went to Maryland and Kio, Griffin, and I are in New Jersey." I opened Griffin's door and showed the live. I walked over and he was still asleep. "Hey, Griffin..." I nudged his shoulder. He groaned and opened his eyes. "It's time to wake up."

"Stop filming," he muttered and tried to push me away with a lazy arm. I flipped the camera to show myself and read the comments saying how cute he looked. To be honest, he was cute. He sat up and put his hood on since he said his hair looked bad.

"Kio and I are going down. Come on." I went down and got my makeup set. Kio sat behind me and Griffin sat to my right, off-camera.