Page 4

"Did she say it herself?" Thomas asked.

"I did," I informed as we got our keys. Griffin and I quickly walked to the room and we had the one next to Chase and Katherine. "Thanks," I told Griffin and he shrugged.

"You would have done the same for me." We set up in the room and it wasn't as big as I thought it would be. We went out onto the balcony and I got a picture texted to me.

"Where is Bryce?" I asked.

"Why?"

"This idiot sent me a dick pic and is on a balcony."

"Look up," Bryce said and we saw him with his dick out.

"Gross," Katherine and Chase saw from next to us.

"Griffin, take her back in. I'm gonna pee off the balcony."

"Bryce, you're fucking disgusting," Griffin said and pushed me in.

"I wanna watch," I said.

"No." There was a scream from Katherine all of a sudden.

"The asshole peed on me!" She screamed and I fell to the floor laughing. Griffin collapsed on the bed, unable to control his laughter.

"That was great," he said as we calmed down. He looked down at me and I tried to hold back my snickering, but we exploded in laughter again.

"Oh, God! My stomach hurts so bad," I smiled.

"Same. Come here." I went up to him and he pulled me onto the bed next to him. "How about we watch movies?"

"Yeah," I smiled and we sat against the backboard. We went to bed in our separate beds and I turned my light off.

"Can I keep mine on? I can't sleep without a light," Griffin said.

"Sure." He fell asleep with quiet snores and I watched him. I knew he hated when girls saw or heard him snore, so he was a bit uncomfortable. But I wasn't one to judge. I slept and we woke in the morning to the preset alarm.

"Ugh!" Griffin groaned. "Turn it off." I did and got up.

"Do you wanna take a shower first or me?"

"You go." I finished and then it was his turn. I was doing my makeup when he came out.

"Oh, wow. Griffin Johnson has nice clothes. Who knew."

"Ha ha. So funny..."

"Did you get invited to the Bahamas after this?"

"People are going to the Bahamas?"

"Yeah. I can talk to Ted if you wanna go. I'm going."

"Yeah," Griffin said. "If I get a free trip, I'm taking it." I smiled and he looked in the mirror. "I have... a freaking pimple growing."

"Come here," I said and covered it with makeup. "There."

"At least it's blended in."

Playlist was amazing and there were meet and greets. I made tons of TikToks with other creators and mainly stuck with Sway. Griffin came with me to the Bahamas and we shared a room again. The Hype House was surprised to see us, but we avoided them and had our own fun.

After we got back to LA, we were in the house for a day before there was a knock on the door.

"Uh... Phoebe!" Jaden called and I saw it was Katherine, mom, and dad.

"You're moving back in," mom said. And that was that. I had my old room back and Katherine seemed satisfied with herself. Mom had filed a restraining order against Griffin since Katherine had said something. All of Sway heard about it, but no one else. Not even the public.

We were all in quarantine for Covid-19 and the start of 2020 was downhill. We were barely allowed to leave houses and had to wear masks everywhere. I kept getting Tweets and texts from Griffin saying that he missed me. He couldn't be caught texting me, though. One morning, I woke to see mom going through my phone.

"We're going to court," she said. She made an appointment and Griffin was called in. It was judge Ruth, mom, dad, Katherine, Griffin, and me. I was in the defendants seat behind mom who had a bunch of files and pictures. "I had a restraining order against him and in that, he wasn't allowed to contact my daughter in any way. But I noticed this morning that she was getting texts from him saying that he missed her. Here are pictures."

"What do you have to say about this?" Ruth asked Griffin.

"I don't have a defendant or proof of anything. But what's so wrong with me just saying I miss her?" Griffin asked looking over at me.

"The order was no contact. He's a child predator. She's just 18," mom said.

"What would you like to charge him with?" Ruth asked.

"I'd like to sue him."

"Sue me?" Griffin asked.

"$15,000."

"$15,000?"

"I'd like to as you to be quiet," Ruth told Griffin and I looked down. "Miss Phoebe, what is your perspective on this?" I stood and mom, dad, and Katherine gave me a glare to say what they wanted.

"I don't want a restraining order," I let out, standing. I explained the story of how I wasn't accepted and got halfway through the explanation before tears started flowing down my cheeks. Griffin stepped forward and dad tried to grab him, but Griffin pushed him aside.

"Mr. Johnson, step back to your place," Ruth ordered.

"No," he stated and hugged me. I squeezed him and buried my head in his neck. "You're okay, Phoebe. Everything will be okay." He pulled away and went back to his place. "It's okay. Take a deep breath and continue." I nodded and finished.

"There's no need for a restraining order against him, then," Ruth said. "It's revoked. we'll place one against your family." I nodded and hugged Griffin, tightly.

"I missed you," I whispered.

"I missed you, too. But we'll talk when we get home," Griffin said and let go. We cleared my room and left. We stopped in a parking lot and I hugged my legs to my chest. "Give me a hug." I crawled onto his lap and gave him a koala hug. "It's all okay now. You stay at Sway and it's your home. No more Katherine to be mean to you. Just us."

"You're the best, Griffin. I don't know what else to say. You're always there for me."

"I'm your best friend, Phoebe."