In The 'Dark'...

I feel like I made a deal with the devil in the past and now... I am making it again, because I can't run away, he is chasing me and everything I've ever 'loved'!

~at the same time, too late at night, too far away~

Michelle's pov

I open the door and get in his office silent and quite nervous.

I find him sitting on his chair behind his big, dark drown, wooden desk as always with the room quite dark. Only a small lamp to the right side of his desk is turned on and the light is not enough to enlighten the entire room.

I exhale shortly when my eyes meet his and I realize he is extremely angry. In all these years I know him, it is the first time his jaw is clenching and he hasn't even talked to me which is something that terrifies me!

I know Damian for more than 16 years, from when I first came here! He was about 9 years old, the second son of the Alpha and our relationship was always good, we had no problems!

And now...

I don't know what is happening but it can't be good, if his gaze could kill me, it would!

I am sure we failed, again! I can't think of any other reason for him to be so angry! He is always calm and strong, he never loses his temper, he is clever, the devil himself and I am glad he is the Alpha now after his father and older brother died in the last battle from that asshole!

Those two were never so clever or patient, they were rushing too much to take their revenge and they did everything wrong but now... I hope this changes although we have surely failed and I want to scream!

If she is still alive then...

"Come and sit!" he says firmly with a very husky tone that makes my skin shudder and I nod quickly.

I mustn't frustrate him! If I lose his favor, I will be banished and his young brother is going to win! This stupid, spoiled boy was always against me and no matter how much I have tried, I never changed his mind. He tried lots of times to convince his father and brothers to expel me but I always had my ways...

I mean, sleeping with their father was easy and I was always taking care of his brothers, so they somehow 'loved' me, I became something like the mother they lost because of that bastard!

Anyway, I close the door behind me and walk to the seat right in front of his desk in hurry. I sit with my eyes locked on his and my wolf shakes her head disappointed, she feels she is still alive and I really want to break everything around me but I have to be smart, I have no other option!