Not So Fragile!

They were not fragile like flowers, they were fragile like bombs!

~at the same time, Bloody Snow Pack, Becky's house~

Becky's pov

I place Evan's cup of coffee on the table in front of him and sit on the couch with mine in my hands.

It has been one day since Gabriel came and that incident in the forest happened and I haven't left from my house yet. I know he is still here, my wolf tells me he is here and to be completely honest I feel it and I hate it!

What on earth is happening with these stupid kinds of bonds?

Mates and bullshit!

He marked someone else and I rejected him! The damn bond was supposed to be gone long time ago, to be honest, years ago but it's not, it is still here somehow. Alright, it's not so strong (thanks Goddess for this) but it is still frustrating for me and really annoying!

I didn't have time to think a lot about it although, I wasn't alone till this morning, the kids were always by my side, the four of them!

You see, I am a lucky woman and mother! They wanted to sleep here with me and I couldn't deny them! We didn't leave from the living room, we fell asleep here on the couches or on the floor in front of the fireplace after we drunk a little bit, relaxed and talked about everything else except from one specific thing...

Gabriel!

And this is why it was a pleasant night after I told them everything and we decided to leave the past behind us! I relaxed completely after that, I feel like a weight has left from my heart and shoulders, now they know and I am done hiding my pain!

I am free to mourn for a while as all these years I didn't and then I will find my own redemption! I will be fine, finally!

So, as I was saying I was alone for about three hours in the morning, then the kids came to eat (I love cooking sometimes) and left some time ago again to train the teenagers of the pack after they had come back from their school! This happens only twice a week and today they had to... And this is why I am alone and Evan came to see me.

Marcus is taking care of some pack business in Evan's place and Megan had to go to the companies' main offices because we didn't go last day and there are things that need to be done! At this point let me tell you I am lucky, I took some days off and this is the first time in my life they all agree about it and promised not to bother me for any reason and this time they are going to keep their promise considering the circumstances!

At least Gabriel did some 'good' things to me, it's the first time I am on holidays and I don't know what to do to kill my time!

Mm... Maybe I could have a trip somewhere or spend days in spas and go for shopping!

Anyway...

I look at Evan that is staring at his cup in silence and move a bit closer to him. He is nervous and from his expression I know he is a mess! I have never seen him so troubled and lost and I am aware of the reason he feels this way!

He is in the middle!

From what Mark told me secretly from the kids, they are friends from the college they had been in order to get trained as Alphas and their 'bond' was always very strong although Gabriel stopped talking to him some years later because he was ashamed.

Don't make me commend this... That he was ashamed! There is no reason, I don't believe a single word!

I place my hand on Evan's arm as gently as I can and he snaps his head to me surprised. He was too deep in his thoughts and now he has turned pale and this makes my heart ache for him!