Time For Changes.

Changes are hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.

~in the meanwhile, forest~

Hayley's pov

I leave out a loud, painful scream when the sound of his bones cracking stops, and press myself to run faster.

Haven roars furiously and keeps on pushing me, demanding for our full control and my vision starts changing.

Everything becomes darker, blurry and my strong, echoing heartbeat isn't enough to stop me from listening to the wolf's of that man heavy, fast steps.

My body has taken fire, everything feels ready to break, my heart doesn't feel capable of standing this torture for more, but I continue, I try to run away, even though I know that it's just a matter of some short seconds until the man's wolf brings me down.

"Hayley, stop running!"

Michelle's new 'order', her demanding yet panicked tone and the thought of me spending the rest of my life with her and that man is the last thing Haven needs to explode completely.

The very next millisecond and before I try to do anything and prevent her from crossing her limits for good, I fall abruptly on the ground, less than a meter from a tree's trunk, and curl like a ball from the unbearable pain that takes my breath away completely, and that awful day's incidents take shape for once more.

I start having spasms, my bones are about to break and I begin to scream, a God knows how, as I have run out of any sign of energy and I feel like I'm truly dying.

I put superhuman efforts to crawl to the trunk in front of me and life leaves from my body while death begins to approach me. This is it, I die...

I can't stop Haven and there is no way we survive, because no werewolf has ever shifted too soon, before he turns his eighteen years. I just can't understand why this has to happen to me, I'm a loser, so how is Haven doing...

"HAYLEY, HE IS HERE!" she shouts shocked yet relieved, giving me the last hit, and I cry out, stop moving and surrender.

I have no idea what she means. I don't even know if she truly said what I think she did or if I imagined it. All I know for sure is that I won't make it and my eyelashes are too heavy, my body sore and my flesh burns.

I'm about to face darkness with the Haven shouting to me things I don't understand when my hearing is back and the wolf's footsteps stop somewhere too close to me. I force myself to keep my eyes as open as I can, scared of what will happen, if I close them, and perk my ears.

My senses seem (to me) more intense than before due to Haven losing control and trying to shift with 'success', and worry fills me when some time passes and the wolf doesn't approach me.

I wish I could turn and face him, since he is watching my back right now, although I think I would die sooner from fear. I just want to know what keeps him back, he said he would claim me, so what stops him?

Maybe he realizes that I'm dying and the game is over. Claiming me or not, won't matter in few minutes from now.

I struggle when another, more intense wave of pain strikes my heart with this thought overflowing my mind, and I have the impression that the wolf starts walking to me again. I greet my teeth, preparing myself in any way I can for my end, and my father's image appears in front of me.

He will be crashed and... I will leave him alone.

No, I don't want to leave him, but there is nothing I can do. It is just above me, I can't change my fate...