Chapter 31

Harry pulled up to Gemma's flat around ten o'clock at night, flipping down his visor and looked at himself in the mirror.

Desperately trying to sort himself out and made some of the redness in his eyes and the puffiness of his cheeks ago away but gave up because it was effort he didn't have, he'd cried a majority of the drive back. Regretting the decision he made for Zayn, Luca and himself but there wasn't much he could do at this point.

He reached the flat door and realized all the lights were out, the door was dead bolted and it looked as though Gemma hadn't came home yet. Which she hadn't but Harry didn't realize until he pulled his phone out, seeing a message from Gemma telling him Luca was at home.

Harry didn't think anything of it, assuming she was there with Luca but was proven wrong when he pulled up to his own house and saw Zayn's vehicle was parked in the driveway. He hurriedly went inside the house, unlocking and then closing the heavy front door behind himself as he quickly kicked off his shoes.

"Gemma? Luca? I'm here." He called out, expecting to find a distraught toddler but instead walked into living room and saw Luca passed out on Zayn's chest.

He shifted slowly when he saw Harry, maneuvering out from underneath the weightless toddler. Harry immediately went to pick Luca up, luckily he was mostly healed and only had minor pain when lifting things but he wanted to take Luca upstairs to bed and turned off the lights as they went - of course with Zayn four steps behind.

They went into the shared bedroom once Luca was comfortably tucked into his bed, closing their bedroom door behind themselves.

"Zayn, I gave you an easy out. Why didn't you take it?" Harry questioned after a couple seconds of silence, "You're only making this harder because now Luca will wake up and you'll be gone, he's going to have a meltdown."

"You didn't let me talk when I called you," he protested as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "I'm not choosing a career over my family, I mean I could always get resigned somewhere else as a solo artist or take time off until the boys are out of Sony's contract. I don't know, I could even be a barista."

He shook his head, "That's not your dream, Zayn. You don't need to sacrifice things, just do what's right and most logical."

"It's you," he grabbed his arm, pulling him to stand between his legs. "I'm not going to leave you two again, I told you this. My career and everything I've worked to accomplish means nothing to me if I can't share it with you. I made this life so that I could make yours and Luca's easier."

Harry tried to step back but Zayn kept a hold on him, knowing he'd try to move away. He briefly looked him in the eyes, immediately looking away within seconds. "I don't want to hold you back, you've got millions of people who love you. They need you."

"You're not making me do anything, why do you think you're such a burden Harry because you're not. You and Luca are my family, I want to keep that." He explained, trying to get Harry to understand where he was coming from.

Harry took a shaky breath, blinking away the impending saltiness in his eyes and quietly cleared his throat. "I'm scared though."

"Scared of what, I'm not going anywhere." He halfheartedly laughed, "No career, no amount of money is ever going to be worth the two of you. I can figure out the Perrie thing with my lawyers, I'm already meeting with them tomorrow morning. There's a chance we could get Perrie with identity theft because she forged my name, then we could make her a deal."

Harry quickly wiped his eyes before any tears fell down his cheek, "I'm more scared of you staying, than leaving because when you decide to leave I'll be broken. It was easier to do things on my own terms, than wait around for you to just disappear again."