Chapter 44

Zayn crawled into bed beside Harry, comfortably wrapping his body around Harry's and entangled their limbs.

Harry smiled at Zayn's wordless actions, "You've been cuddly lately, any reason?"

He moved impossibly closer, resting his chin on Harry's shoulder. "I've just been thinking."

"About?" Harry prompted when Zayn didn't automatically continue.

He gently kissed his shoulder, allowing his lips to linger on Harry's heated skin. "I think I want to leave One Direction."

He immediately turned over, looking at him. "What, why? You love your job and you've got fans, everyone would be devastated."

"But I also have a family." Zayn pointed out, not disagreeing with Harry's words but wanted to add to his own personal perspective.

"Zayn don't leave the group because of Luca or I," he shook his head. "We see you plenty."

Zayn drug his fingertips along Harry's arm, watching the goosebumps appear. "Not according to Luca, and if we want to have another baby... I need to be around more, without interruptions."

"We don't need another baby, I was just being - I don't know but we don't." He nearly pleaded, "Don't leave the band because of us, you'll regret your decision. I know you will."

Zayn smiled, "No I won't because I love you and I love Luca, you're both enough for me."

Harry went to protest but Zayn connected their mouths, kissing him deeply.

"Zayn you should really think about this before you make any decisions," Harry breathed the moment Zayn pulled back.

"I've already thought about it," he murmured, moving his lips along Harry's collarbones. "I talked with the label and Management, they're willing to let me out of my contract, there's some repercussions but it's doable."

"What about the others, how are they going to be One Direction without you? You've all been together for years," Harry added.

Zayn shrugged, pausing his actions and looked a him directly. "They'll still be my brothers and they support my decision, Liam was surprised I'd taken this long to even consider this as an option."

He chewed on his bottom lip a few seconds, completely over analyzing everything in his head. "Take more time and think, this is life changing."

"I will," Zayn kissed him again.

Harry nudged him back with a hand on his chest, "Wait, is Luca in bed?"

He nodded, "Tucked in like a burrito, how he requested."

He put his hands on either side of Zayn's face, thumbing over his cheekbones. "You've gotten so good with him, honestly better than I ever imagined. And thank you for taking care of him lately, I know I've been off but I'm feeling better about everything."

"That's good, that's what I want." Zayn smiled, "Luca and I need a happy Harry."

"I'm happy," he laughed the moment Zayn nipped at his bottom lip.

______

Harry rolled over onto his stomach during the night, bumping into a lump on the bed and reluctantly opened his sleepy eyes.

"Bug, what are you doing in here?" He questioned through a raspy voice.

Luca sniffled, "I want to sleep here."

"M'kay, c'mere." He murmured quietly, already knowing Luca must've had a bad dream and didn't want to be alone.

Luca cuddled closer, wrapping his legs around Harry's waist and clung to his body. Harry placed a hand on Luca's back, "It was just a dream, you're okay."