Chapter 51

Now that Harry and Azad were home, everyone was at ease. Granted Harry couldn't do much for another two weeks due to having a c-section and needing time to heal properly, making Zayn his personal assistant.

"Can you adjust him, his arm is wonky." Harry murmured softly, feeding an extremely drowsy Azad.

Luckily Zayn had set up a temporary bedroom in the living room for Harry, allowing him to comfortably care for Azad and still interact and be involved with Luca.

"Here - just, hold on. I've got him," he slightly fussed as he got up from beside them on the couch, swatting Harry's hands away before he attempted to move Azad on his own.

Which even lifting the five and a half pound newborn was momentarily against doctors orders, seeing as this was Harry's second c-section and there was a lot of previous scar tissue that once again needed to heal along with the new scar.

Plus there was always extra caution needed with male pregnancies, especially the second pregnancy because there's such high risk of complications - for both baby and father.

"When's the follow up?" Harry questioned, giving in and allowing Zayn to do the restricted action. "Because I think Azad is light enough that I can at least adjust him on my own while feeding."

Typically a newborn didn't have another hospital visit for a month or two after delivery but Azad was premature, healthy but premature nonetheless. And doctors wanted to assure everything is completely fine, mostly that he'll continue to take in nutrition and gain weight.

"I'm sure you can but the doctor -"

He slightly groaned at Zayn's words, "I don't want to hear you recite what the doctor said, again. I just want to be able to care for my baby on my own."

"I am here," Zayn commented.

Harry gave him an apologetic look, "I know I meant - like... To be more independent with Azad like I was with Luca only you're here to help with night feedings and smelly messes."

"Yeah," he sighed as he sat down beside them again, making sure not to jostle a sleeping Luca on the cushion beside him. "I understand. Fourteen-ish more days, then you can do whatever you please."

"Wish these incisions would heal faster or at least not be so sensitive," Harry subconsciously smiled when he thumbed spillage from the corners of Azad's pouted lips.

Zayn smiled, watching Harry gently outline Azad's features with his fingertips. "Are you happy with your - our life together?"

He nodded instantly, not looking away from Azad. "Extremely," he paused and looked up at him. "Are you.. Happy?"

"Never been happier," he leaned over and kissed his cheek, allowing his lips to linger a couple extra seconds. "I love you, I love the boys.. I love our family."

"Do you still want to get married?" Harry hesitantly questioned.

Zayn furrowed his brow, unsure of why Harry would even question the promise he made. "Well yeah, I got you the ring and everyone already knows. Do you not want -"

"No I do, I still do." He halted Zayn's words before he could assume anything more, "It's just we haven't talked about dates or anything, I kinda assumed maybe we weren't going through with it anymore."

"I didn't want to overwhelm you," he shrugged again. "Just had a baby, we're home now and readjusting to having two kids in the house. I have to go back on tour at some point so I thought I'd not stress you anymore by talking about planning a wedding."

Harry smiled, "You know I'd be happy eloping."

"Really," he raised a rather surprised eyebrow at his response.