Chapter 27

Zayn walked Luca into his classroom with Harry, helping with his excess layers and hung them up in his designated cubby. They each gave him a hug, Luca fussed when Harry tried to kiss him goodbye because he didn't want his classmates seeing his daddy kiss him.

But before Zayn and Harry left Luca ran over and yanked on Zayn's hand, casually pecking his lips when papa leaned down and smiled with a small wave before he ran back over to his assigned table.

"Why did you get a kiss and I didn't?" Harry murmured as they walked out of the classroom.

Zayn had his hand on Harry's lower back, guiding him out of the classroom. "Because I'm the cool musician dad."

"Boyband, you're in a boyband." He corrected with a playful smile, grabbing Zayn's hand from behind him and interlocked their fingers together as they walked down the decorated hallways.

Zayn laughed, "You know, I had a mini date planned out for this afternoon while Luca's at school but now that you're being mean I think I'll cancel."

Harry wasn't sure how serious Zayn was being but now he was nervous that a potential date was even on Zayn's mind, because Harry hadn't been on a proper date with Zayn since they've known each other. It was always Zayn hiding him, pushing him away so people wouldn't suspect anything and meeting at the theater to see a movie but walking out separately.

He'd been so stuck in his thoughts that Harry hadn't realized they already made it out to the vehicle, "I'm kidding, yeah."

Harry blinked a couple times, "Hmm?"

"About the date," he clarified as Harry unlocked the doors.

He handed the keys over to Zayn, "Oh um, yeah - I knew that." Harry smiled and tried to not show his slight disappointment. They both climbed in only Harry was in the passenger seat instead of driving, even though they were in his vehicle.

Zayn picked up on Harry's change in demeanor as he started the vehicle, "Did you want to go on a date or something like that?"

"No, no - I just - no." He stammered.

"Because we could do something, if you wanted." Zayn shrugged and pulled out of the school car park, merging into traffic.

Harry huffed out a breath, resting his head back against the seat. "I want to but it sounds like you don't and I'd rather not force you into taking me out."

"That's not what I meant," he sighed, seeing the mistake in his poor wording. "It's not putting me out or anything to make arrangements for a date, I just didn't know if that was something you would like because we've never really done dates."

"That's because you've never taken me on a proper date, even when we were kids." Harry pointed out, feeling bad he was bringing up the past.

"What about that time we went to that restaurant on -"

"You paid the owner to let us have a table in the kitchen." Harry stopped him, knowing exactly what Zayn was going to reference.

"People pay a lot of money for that at a New York restaurant," he protested.

He subtly rolled his eyes, "We grew up in Bradford, not New York. It was loud, sweaty and I got food poisoning."

"What about when we went to the fair and -"

"Nope," he stopped him again. "You told me to wait by the fairs wheel but your mates showed up and you ditched, I stood waiting for a half hour before I walked home."

Zayn cringed, "Okay so maybe I wasn't the greatest boyfriend in the past."

"You were absolute shit," Harry blurted his thoughts. "But I still loved you anyways because I knew if things were different, you would've done better."