Chapter 29

Luca scowled every morning Zayn brought him to school, not saying goodbye to him once Zayn walked him to class - or rather followed behind the stomping toddler and made sure he safely reached his classroom.

Luca's sour attitude didn't help with the paparazzi, because as soon as the toddler hopped out of the vehicle with yet another scowl on his face - a new story about Zayn being abusive towards him was printed. Not to mention, Harry was staying home often and media were suspecting it was Zayn's way of control.

In all actuality, Harry was in a lot of pain and had been taking medication so he didn't want his drowsy state to give the media anymore reasons to print negative things about Zayn and their family. Choosing to stay home was the seemingly logical answer regardless because Harry couldn't lift heavy things anyways, which was proving to be an issue with Luca when he wanted extra cuddles.

"Luca, run get papa. I need help with this." Harry instructed the toddler, huffing out a frustrated breath and set down the packet of crisps he'd been trying to open for the hungry toddler.

He scrunched his brows together, blindly reaching up to move his hand around the counter until he bumped the bag and grabbed the package. "I do it daddy."

"No -" Harry stopped himself when Luca managed to tear the bag open, smiling up at him and dug inside the bag.

"I do it," Luca repeated through a mouthful of crisps, squatting down and picking up the few crumbs he dropped from his mouth.

He brushed his fingers through Luca's disheveled dark hair, "You did, you're becoming such a big boy."

Luca shook his head, "You say'd I your baby like you and auntie are nana's little babies."

"You're right, I did say that." He laughed as he went towards the living room, of course having a tiny moving shadow behind him as he went - munching away on handful of crisps.

Harry carefully sat down beside Zayn on the couch, having Zayn steady him so he didn't bump around too much. He patted the cushion beside them, putting his good arm out to Luca. "You going to sit with us and watch papa's movie? It's about One Direction's concerts and some extra stuff, you can see where papa goes for work."

He glanced at Zayn, showing his teeth like a growling dog and scrunched up his nose at him.

"Luca you need to stop that, I've told you countless times that this wasn't papa's fault. He wasn't hurting me and you need to be nice, you're hurting his feelings by being a grouch." Harry lightly scolded upset that after three weeks, Luca is still being distasteful towards Zayn when he's done nothing wrong.

He pushed out his bottom lip, giving Harry the most pitiful look he could muster and shyly nibbled on a crisp. "But you made hurt'd sound, papa hurt you daddy."

"I was only trying to make daddy feel special," Zayn attempted to explain but Harry quickly put an end to the poor wording before it got any worse.

"What papa is trying to say, is that the sounds you heard were good sounds so you need to be a nice boy again." Harry explained in simpler, less confusing terms.

Luca sighed, "I am a nice boy."

He grabbed one of Luca's hands once the toddler had thrown his bag of crisps onto the couch, pulling him up and inwardly winced at the pain from doing so. But he couldn't neglect Luca because of a couple fractured bones, his child will always surpass any injury.

"Then if you're such a nice boy, you'll sit with papa and give him cuddles while we watch his movie. He brought it home special for you," Harry smiled at the slightly pouty toddler beside him.