Chapter 46

Time seemed to fly, Harry was already midway through his second trimester, Zayn had officially decided against leaving One Direction and Luca had turned into Harry's pint sized bodyguard.

Whenever someone got too close to Harry's swollen stomach, Luca would do whatever necessary to keep that person away from his growing sibling. Ever since Zayn and Harry sat him down and explained everything that was happening, Luca's protectiveness has kicked into overdrive.

"Daddy, careful." Luca fussed, walking backwards in front of Harry as they maneuvered their way through the hotel lobby.

Luca was acting as though they weren't surrounded by actual bodyguards and insisted that he led the way, despite the fact that he didn't know the way.

"Luca baby, you need to walk beside me. We're going to go outside to the car and I want to carry you so that you don't get lost out there, there's going to be lots of people." Harry tried, putting a hand out towards the eager toddler.

He shook his head, gritting his teeth with a growl when one of the bodyguards hovered his hands near Harry's sides when Harry stumbled over his feet trying to reach Luca.

"No daddy, follow me." He demanded, glaring at the bodyguard.

Harry stopped walking, halting everyone around them. "Luca, come here now please. I want to carry you, I don't want you getting hurt."

"Daddy I'm big, I can be safe." He insisted with a stomp of his foot.

"I know you are but I still want to carry you," Harry sighed. "You can protect the baby easier if you're in my arms, promise. You'll be between the baby and everyone else."

Luca nibbled on his bottom lip, mulling over his options. He stood in silence a few seconds longer before he reluctantly walked towards Harry and put his arms in the air, letting him scoop him up without much struggle.

"See, you're legs are keeping the baby safe." He pointed out, placing Luca comfortably around his swollen stomach.

He nodded, hugging him tighter the moment they stepped outside the lobby doors and everyone began screaming. But luckily once they realized it was pregnant Harry with Luca, their screams turned to coos and everyone quieted down for the toddler.

______

They reached the venue faster than expected and Harry was beyond thankful because Luca was not having being in the vehicle a second longer, he needed space to run around and burn out some of his energy. Which is exactly what he did once they were backstage in the dressing room.

Luca ran around squealing and giggling as Niall chased him all around the hallways, through the dressing rooms and even ran around under the stage. At least until Harry caught Luca with Zayn's microphone and nearly had a heart attack, scolding him for playing with things he knew better than to play with.

"Everyday he's more and more of a handful," Harry huffed. "I wish he was still an infant."

Zayn laughed but slowly let his smile fade, "I wish I could've been there like I should've been."

He shrugged with a fairly convincing smile, "You're here now and you'll be here for this baby, this is your second chance."

"I know, just sometimes I don't feel like I deserve it." Zayn murmured softly, lowering his voice because they were stood in the hallway between the door to the stage and the main dressing room.

Harry looked over his shoulder back at Luca in the dressing room, watching him play keep away with Niall's shoe that he desperately needed because they were set to go on stage in the next five minutes.

"When you first came around, you didn't deserve anything but now... You deserve a second chance, even though you're doing just fine with Luca." He smiled, "I just mean, you'll be able to watch this baby grow from the start. There won't be gaps."

Zayn leaned forward and kissed his lips, "I love you."

"I love you too," he mumbled with a smile against his lips.

He shook his head, pulling back. "No, I mean.." Zayn pulled something out of his pocket and began sinking down to his knee, "Harold Edward Styles, will you marry me?"

Harry froze, feeling like his breath was caught in his chest. "Zayn..." He murmured quietly, "Um, the show. You guys are on."

Zayn looked over his shoulder, seeing Niall and Liam going quickly through the open doorway to the stage and hurriedly tucked away the small box and followed after them.

"I'm sorry, we'll talk afterwards yeah." He rushed before he disappeared.

Harry wordlessly nodded, looking around cautiously until he spotted Luca with a bodyguard and went over to him, scooping him up in his arms.

"Daddy - what, no." Luca fussed as Harry held him close to his chest, repeatedly kissing his head in the process.

"Do you think papa and I should get married?" He whispered, heading down the hallway to the food concessions in the lobby - absolutely starving and craving nachos.

Luca scrunched his nose up, "What's that?"

Harry felt safe enough to let Luca down, knowing everyone would be inside the concert and only a couple parents would be in the lobby area. "Mm, it means you, papa and I would live together with the new baby. And papa and I would be committed to each other."

"I do not know what that means, daddy." Luca shook his head, hopping around like a bunny as he tried not to land on any of the cracks between the square tiles.

He laughed, "I know."

Harry ordered two things of nachos and cheese, popcorn and an assortment of sweets. Luca was absolutely buzzing, giddy to eat some of daddies unhealthy treats and Harry was just itching to finally calm his cravings.

Although when they finally made their way backstage they'd unknowingly caused a panic, forgetting to tell anyone they were leaving and when Zayn briefly came off stage and no one had the slightest clue where they were - he panicked.

"Where the hell were you two?" Zayn repeatedly pecked his lips.

Harry managed to get some air, "I was hungry, we were only gone a couple minutes."

"We have a chef, she could've made you anything you wanted." He pointed out, "And you were gone twenty minutes, I thought you left the venue or something."

"No, why would I?" Harry questioned, digging back into the tray of nachos.

"Because of what I asked you, I don't know?" He murmured, suddenly feeling like the most self-conscious person alive.

Harry smiled, "Yes."

"What?" Zayn furrowed his brow, missing the point.

"Yes, I'll marry you." He leaned towards him and kissed his lips, smiling the entire time.

"I want some," Luca announced, getting up off the ground and climbed onto the couch beside them, poking his little fingers in the nacho cheese.

Zayn gave Harry another kiss, pecking Luca's cheek as well before he made his way back out onto the stage with the others. Leaving an extremely happy Harry and an oblivious nacho cheese filled toddler behind in the dressing room.

____________________________________

author's note: I'm so sorry it's literally been MONTHS since I last updated, hopefully this improper marriage proposal would suffice your lowkey anger with me.

Anyways, how do you feel about overly protective Luca and the news of Zarry's engagement? Feedback is ALWAYS appreciated!!

Oh and if you take a quick second to go follow me on Twitter, (@/zmelec) and tweet me once you've followed saying you're from wattpad, I'll follow you back there ASAP!