Chapter one

Chapter One                                          
Jaz knocks on Abbie's door hurriedly, door opens, Abbie was staring at her friend in dismay. She was trying to uncover what fight Jaz had gotten into this time.
"I need space?" Jaz asked.
"You shouldn't be here. What fight did you get into, huh?" Abbie asked furiously.
Jaz didn't reply for a while, taking off her top she finally said, " burn this clothes".
Abbie was noticing the scars on her body. She saw a scar on her forehead just below her right brow, she was noticing how Jaz had aged from when she last saw her.She looked up to ask what had happened, but Jaz had already turned on the television, watching the news and eating something like popcorn.
Abbie took the clothes to burn. Then, she came back with a phone in her hand. "Mom called",  She said still holding the phone. "She was asking where you are?"
Jaz looked at her and said,"Does she really have to know where i go all the time".
"You do realise she's your mother", Abbie answered with a frown.
" well she only trained my black ass", Jaz replied.
Abbie came in later with a basket of dirty clothes and finally said, "Take the room upstairs, it's well comfortable, the way you like it. You shouldn't be here for long",
Abbie was a light skinned black American. She had a blue cat eye, she was pretty but not as Jaz was. Her head was oval shaped with her cheek popping out. She had soft peach lips, she smiled with, most of the time. Her sand colour hair fell back, she always tucked them behind her ears. She moved to Nigeria, Lagos precisely, because she got engaged to a Nigerian. She's an accountant. She was able to secure a job at sky bank. She owned a storey building, quite comfortable and a company car. Abbie is Jaz childhood friend. They have been friends since Jaz came to live with them in Lagos.
Jaz finally left the living room to her room. She was noticing how big the room was, the curtains were as pink as the bedspread. The room was dark, most of the sun rays reflected to the passage directly from the only window in the room. It was the way she liked it. She got a call from Josh that evening saying something about a transfer record same day of her parents accident. She wanted to go but decided to stay home, to leave it till the next day. She laid down to sleep but she could'nt, then she decided to remember how her day went.
A robbery case was ongoing at zenith bank, ikeja.The building was on total lockdown. Hostages were lying face down. One out of the four masked men was threatening the manager to unlock the safe, with a gun to his head.
Something hit him, something that looked like a baton had hit him, before he lost consciousness, he saw a black hair move swiftly, there was a mask to its face.The robber thought, it's the mysterious lady Lagos has been talking about. He had regained consciousness, his hands were cuffed back to that of his other gang. The police were hovering around the crime scene, trying to figure out why these robbers handcuffed themselves.
One of the policeman said, " Sir, there's a note on the counter!"
"Robbery case at oceanic bank, St.Kizito street, 6pm today. I cant do all the dirty laundering in the city (whacked officers)", The officer read out loud.