Chapter 29

Midoriya

Todoroki had been with us for a little over a month now. He was such a sweet little boy. My heart ached for him. He never cried or made a fuss, always said please and thank you. I could tell he was afraid to do or say anything we didn't like. He was terrified of Kacchan even though he never raised his voice or even told the poor boy no. I knew that it was paining him for Todoroki to be so afraid of him. But he never said anything, just continued trying to interact with him.  I thought we'd have a problem with King, but I could only laugh at how the dog had taken to little Todo. He even growled at Kacchan when Todoroki would flinch away from him. He didn't find it as funny as I did, but I was glad the dog was so protective of him.

Right now Todoroki was sitting on the floor coloring quietly while King laid behind him, head on his paw. Every few minutes, he'd lift his head to sniff Todoroki then lay back down. It was almost like he was making sure he was ok. I thought it was adorable. Kacchan was in the kitchen making lunch for us while I relaxed on the couch watching a movie. I'd been uncomfortable all morning and when I snapped at him for the tenth time, he'd sat me on the couch, handed me a bowl of fruit and told me to watch tv.

I didn't know what was wrong with me today. Everything was just irritating. Except for Todoroki. He was just too adorable for words. It made me so sad that he was still closed off and afraid. My stomach shifted as the girls moved again. It was getting a little painful. Todoroki finished his drawing and brought it to me. It was a circle with a face inside another circle.

"Baby."

He pointed at the drawing then at my stomach. He was so smart. Such a precious child. My heart clenched at all the pain he'd already gone through in his short life. I could only hope things would would improve for him. We were only allowed to keep him until his mom or dad was back in the picture. And I was pretty sure his dad was getting out of jail soon. Not that his dad deserved such a precious boy. Damn rich people. It was obvious to me that little Todo had been abused by a man, but since we couldn't prove it, and he wouldn't answer our questions, we had no choice but to give him back. He placed his tiny little hand on my stomach and the girls rolled again. A beautiful smile graced his face and I felt tears fill my eyes. This precious little boy.

"Baby."

He repeated himself. I smiled and placed my hand gently over the top of his. I wanted to cry when he didn't pull away. This was the first time he let me touch him without flinching.

"That's right. There are babies in-"

A wave of pain crashed through me and I had to grit my teeth to stop from crying out. I didn't want to scare Todoroki now that there had been some progress. King got up and came over to nose my stomach, looking at me with doleful eyes.

"Yes. I think you're right King. It's time. Todoroki, honey, I need you to be really brave ok?"

Todoroki looked at me with a serious expression on his face. I instantly regretted my choice of words. I wondered how many times someone had said that to him. A little frown appeared on his face before it smoothed out and he nodded. I smiled at him and stroked his hair.

"Can you go and get Kacchan for me, please?"

He nodded and turned away. King followed behind him as another wave of pain hit me. Why hadn't anyone ever mentioned how painful this was? I wanted to scream and cry. Instead, I took deep breaths trying not to give in to the pain. My phone chimed with a message. It was Ura saying that Todorokis dad was out and demanding his return. Just perfect! I had to give up that precious little boy and I wasn't in any shape to fight it right now. I let her know that she'd have to meet us at the hospital because the babies were coming now. I threw my phone down as another contraction hit, letting out a gasp of pain. No way anyone did this willingly more than once.

Kacchan rushed into the room followed by Todoroki and King. He took one look at me clutching my stomach and ran upstairs. He brought down my to go bag which I'd only packed the night before. I wasn't due for another two weeks, but I guess the girls were done waiting. I let out a little gasp as they kicked again. Yeah, they definitely wanted out. Todoroki watched me silently, and I wondered if he somehow knew what was going on before I did. There was no way of knowing if it had just been a coincidence or not. If he had known, its likely he was going to be an alpha when he was older. They were the only ones who had such developed instincts at so young of an age. 

Kacchan slowly approached Todoroki and gently lifted him into his arms. I started crying when he didn't flinch away. We had just started making progress with him and now he was being taken away. After I had these babies we had to find a way to make sure he stayed a part of our lives. I think we were good for him. I heaved myself off the couch and nearly doubled over in pain. Kacchan turned back to help me, but I waved him away. He needed to get Todoroki safely buckled into the car. I could make it there by myself. King whimpered and rubbed against my legs.

"I'm ok, King. I can handle it. Go on, Kacchan. I'm right behind you."

He hurried out the door. I was pretty sure he'd be back in before I made it to the front door. I managed to take one step before water gushed down my leg onto the floor. Well crap! This wasn't handled at all. King ran to his bed and gave me a look, as if I had done it on purpose. I carefully stepped over the fluid on the floor and made my way to the door. By the time I was even close, Kacchan was back inside and lifting me into his arms. He placed me into the car, buckled me, and raced around to the drivers side. He drove like a bat out of hell the whole way there. By the time we made it to the hospital I was crying from trying to hold back my screams.

I felt like I was being ripped apart. I was never doing this again. This was way too painful. Luckily, Ura was at the hospital waiting for us. I couldn't even say goodbye to little Todo because I was in too much pain. Everything from there was a blur. I remember the room, and a flurry of doctors and nurses. Kacchan held my hand as I screamed and cried and kept sending out calming pheromones. My vision briefly goes dark as ripping pain goes through me. I remember screaming in pain and Kacchan whispering that everything would be fine. And then it was over. A babies cries sounded in the room, swiftly followed by another. Then pain gripped me again. I screamed until my voice was hoarse and pushed as hard as I could. Then my body went lax and I couldn't feel anything. A third cry sounded in the room.

I smiled tiredly and gripped Kacchans hand weakly. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"You did it, Izu. Three little girls. And they are perfect."

I looked up to see him looking a little teary eyed and smiled. My big strong alpha, had been brought to tears by three little girls. The nurse brought the babies over wrapped in pink and blue blankets, handing one to me and two to Kacchan. I held the biggest baby girl who was the spitting image of her father except for the freckles across her nose. All three girls were blonde, though the other two had blonde curls. Kacchan was looking down at them with the most gentle expression I've ever seen on his face. My heart was so full in that moment. He looks up at me and smiles.

"What are we going to name them?"

I think about it for a little bit. The spitting image of my mate could only be named one thing.

"We'll name this one Mitsu. Short for Mitsuki. Hmmm. And the one in your left arm will be Harmoni. And the smallest one will be Avalyn."

"Perfect. I love you Izuku Midoriya."

"I love you too, Kacchan."