Chapter 8

Bakugou

What the fuck had I just done? I collapsed on Deku, too spent to even pull out. I could still feel the aftershocks of his orgasm squeezing my cock, and my hips rolled forward involuntarily, making him whimper. That sound put my heart in a chokehold and squeezed. I wanted to wrap him in my arms and never let go. This was the wrong time and place for that kind of shit. What had I been thinking?

The answer was, I hadn't been thinking. At least not with the head on my shoulders. But there was nothing to be done now. He was mine and I had to figure out how to spin this so we could make it out alive. Plus we still needed to make contact with the boss and take down these criminals. I sighed internally before rolling off Deku and getting off the bed. I tucked myself back into my jeans and zipped them up. No reason to stand around with my dick hanging out.

Hazukashi and Smiley were looking at me surprised. It's almost like they hadn't believed I would do it. Or maybe they were shocked I had claimed him. I raised a brow and crossed my arms, ever the picture of calm and nonchalant.

"Well now what?"

Hazukashi blinked a few times then shared a look with Smiley who shrugged. They seemed to share some kind of silent conversation, all done with significant looks and shrugs, before Hazukashi turned back to me.

"We didn't expect you to actually go through with it. Boss was gonna meet with you either way. Just wanted to see what you'd do. And well, you didn't disappoint. Except, you claimed him."

I wanted to go over to him and beat the shit out of him. Why the fuck would he do that? Because of this asshole, I'd had sex with Deku and ended up claiming him. Now he was my mate. Although, the part of me I'd tried to hide in high school was thrilled. I didn't like other people dictating my life or making decisions for me. And he'd forced my hand. But there was nothing I could do about it now.

I had to get us out of this so I could get away from Deku and this connection we now shared. I needed some time to come to terms with this. To plan my next step. Having a mate was something I hadn't prepared for. I had a life and now it would change. I glanced at Deku where he curled on the bed, arms tucking his knees close to his chest. He was still naked and I watched as a trickle of cum escaped his hole, running down the back of his thigh. The sight had my dick twitching in my pants.

Even though this wasn't something I had expected, I couldn't deny part of me was happy. I hadn't known that sex could be like that. All consuming. I'd never come so hard in my life. I turned back to the criminals on the couch. I had a part to play.

"I'm an alpha. I like owning things. There was a reason I stayed away from those other omegas."

Hazukashi and Smiley took me at my word. They didn't question me. It was true that there were a lot of asshole alphas who treated omegas like property. I'd never done that, but I'd made sure to stay clear of omegas. I hadn't wanted to become attached to anyone. I didn't necessarily think that omegas were useless, but they definitely weren't as good as alphas. They weren't as strong. I grabbed Deku's clothes off the floor and tossed them at him.

"Get dressed, omega."

He flinched at my harsh tone, but did as I asked. I wanted to soothe him, tell him that everything would be ok. Let him know that I would take care of him and not lot anyone hurt him. But I couldn't. I had to act like he meant nothing to me. I couldn't let anyone know how claiming him was changing me. I'd never been very emotional. I hardly ever felt much more than anger. But that one act was already starting to change my very essence.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Who the hell was that? Smiley got up and walked over to the door while I changed my stance to subtly guard Deku. I couldn't help the instincts that shouted he was mine and that I had to protect him. Smiley peered through the peep hole before opening the door wide. He bowed his head as someone walked inside.

I barely managed to school my features to keep from showing my shock as I met the very familiar eyes of Mineta. I'd gone to high school with him but he wasn't someone I hung out with. He'd been a pervert, although I guess that hadn't changed. Now instead of just being a pervert, he was a criminal in charge of one of the largest human trafficking rings.

Thank fuck I'd been known as a bad boy in high school. Hopefully he wouldn't question me being here. Shit! We could be in trouble. As the mayor, he would have been able to investigate me. Although, being from a different city, he might not have access. I could only hope that was the case. Otherwise, this could get dangerous very quickly.

"Its been a long time Mineta. It's a surprise to see the mayor in connection to such an aspiring business."

How had he been getting away with this? There were no signs that he had any connections to such shady people. If I hadn't seen him here with my own eyes, I never would have believed it. It was a shock. I could only hope that once I passed along this information, the rest of the force would be able to find some evidence against him. Mineta grinned at me.

"I've been hearing a lot about you lately, Bakugou. Rising to the top real quick. Although I shouldn't be surprised. You were always trying to be number one in high school. Always quick to anger and getting into fights."

I shrugged in response. It was true. I'd had a temper in high school. Especially after I'd chased Deku away. I hadn't known how to cope with the longing I'd felt. The only reason I hadn't gotten in serious trouble was because of Kiri. He'd helped me a lot. Always there before I knew I needed him. He was the only friend I had. The only person who'd ever stood by me, no matter what. He'd wormed his way into being my friend and never left, no matter how angry or cruel I was. He'd stuck it out. And he was still my best friend to this day. Mineta's eyes moved to the bed and widened before a grin lifted his lips.

"And is that Deku? The nerd from high school? Wait! Did you mark him? What's going on?"

"Turns out, Deku is an omega. What better way to show him he's nothing than to claim him? Now he's at my beck and call whenever I want. He wont be better than me ever again. Its the perfect relationship."

Mineta let out a guffaw and slapped me on the shoulder, grinning broadly. The words tasted bad in my mouth and I hoped that Deku didn't believe them. I wanted to turn and look at him, so he'd know I didn't mean them, but I didn't. I couldn't give us away. I had to be the asshole alpha everyone expected me to be.

"I knew I liked you. Well what do you say we meet in two weeks to discuss a new position for you? I've got that charity thing happening in a few days and then I've got to go out of town on business. But when I get back, we need to meet. I think you'd be a good fit for this."

I nodded and agreed to meet with him in two weeks. We made small talk and then he was walking out the door again. Smiley and Hazukashi left no long after and then I was left with Deku. Not knowing if the place was bugged, I simply gestured for him to follow me and hailed a cab.

Once we were back in the city, we went our separate ways. We both had reports to file and things to take care of. I meant to talk about what had happened and what me claiming him meant, but we never got around to it. I got busy with work and compiling evidence to take down Mineta and his group of traffickers and soon hours turned to days which turned into weeks.

My body screamed every minute that we were apart. I felt a pull to go and find him. I'd claimed him and it was wrong for us to be apart. My body knew what my mind was still trying to come to terms with. It was a month before I saw him again. The department was throwing a party to celebrate the takedown of Mineta and his group and we were the guests of honor. I couldn't wait to see him. I didn't have any more excuses and it was time to claim my omega.