Chapter 24

Bakugou

I wanted my mate, and I wanted him now. I was tired of chasing dead ends. The people at the precinct were tired of seeing my face. Even though Kiri and the others had reported Deku missing, nothing had happened yet. They told me this was the last week they would search. They didn't have any leads. So to them, he was either dead or he'd run away. Both of those options were upsetting, but I wasn't even sure which one was worse.

Kiri had been invaluable to me during this time. He stopped by daily to check on me and the progress of the search. He always had an encouraging word to say so I didn't lose hope. He made sure I ate and showered. Made sure I kept my temper in check around those who couldn't take it.

Kiri even let me take out my anger and frustration out on him. He became my sparring partner and let me knock him around. It helped relieve some of my tension. So for the past two months, Kiri hadn't left my side. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have such a good friend. He hadn't let my grumpy nature stop him from befriending me. I let out a sigh and glanced at the clock. He'd be here soon.

My testosterone levels were reaching a dangerous level. So the alpha in me was raging. If I couldn't take care of that soon, I'd probably end up in jail myself after murdering someone who pissed me off. Probably those idiot detectives working my mates case. Without my Omega, the only way I could find release was by fighting. Adrenaline was buzzing in my veins so I got up to pace. I needed to work off this energy. A knock on my door had me practically leaping over my furniture to get there.

When the door opened I yanked Kiri inside and slammed the door shut. When I turned to him his eyes were wide and he had his hands up to fend me off. I wanted to immediately lash out but I was hesitant. In my current state I wasn't sure I would be able to stop myself from actually hurting him. Until now, I'd been able to stop as soon as I accidentally drew blood. I didn't feel like that would be the case right now. I was almost panting with the effort of holding myself back.

"Dude! You need to calm down. We cant fight with you in this condition. I'm ok with sparring with you but I'm not going to let you beat the shit out of me. That's too far even for me."

"Fuck, Kiri! I don't know what to do! This is driving me insane!"

Kiri slowly approached me hands held out like I was a dangerous animal. And maybe I was. I certainly felt like one in that moment. I wanted to fuck or make something bleed. And since I couldn't fuck anyone right now, that left making someone bleed.

"Maybe it's time to let him go. It's been two months now. Maybe you should consider the fact that he ran away."

I punched the wall with a shout. Why!? Why did everyone keep saying that?

"Not you too, Kirishima. You are supposed to be on my side!"

"I am on your side, Bakugou. But after two months with no sign of him and no sign of foul play, its looking pretty suspicious. He obviously doesn't want to be found. So maybe respect his wishes and move on."

Maybe Kirishima was right. I hated to even think it. But maybe there was a reason I couldn't find any evidence that something bad had happened. If only I had told him I loved him before our last fight. Then maybe he would have been willing to listen to me. My heart ached for the missed opportunities. And now, I'd never know the child I'd helped create. Kirishimas hand gently grabbed my arm and steered me to my couch, where I sat down heavily.

"What am I going to do Kiri? How do I move on from this? He was the only person I've ever loved."

"I can help you with that."

Suddenly, Kirishima is leaning over and his lips are on mine. I sat shocked for a moment, before reality kicked in. I shoved him away from me, making him fall off the couch and smack his head on the table. I sprang up from the couch and looked at him in shock.

"Shit. I'm sorry Kiri. You just surprised me. But what the fuck was that?"

Kirishima sat up rubbing the back of his skull with a pained expression on his face. I felt guilty at having caused him pain but I was completely confused.

"Yeah, that wasn't well thought out. Too soon for that. I just, I know how alphas can get if they don't get a release often, so I just thought maybe I could help you with that."

"Oh. Well, uh...that's....thoughtful of you, I guess. I just- I'm only starting to accept that he might not be coming back. And you're my friend. I've never thought of you that way before."

Kirishima face changes from pain to anger. He stands up quickly with his fists clenched.

"I've been waiting for you for years! He's not even good enough for you! Questioning you! Not believing in you! What the fuck is so good about him?"

I froze in shock. My mind refused to comprehend what I was hearing. I started to connect the dots. What I thought of as simple friendship was more than that for Kiri.

"Kiri, I'm sorry. I don't know what to say."

Kirishima glared at me. I can feel my eyes widen in surprise. The whole time I've known him, he has never been truly angry with me.

"He doesn't even understand you. Didn't even believe me when I told him you loved him. How could he not see that?! Said he didn't even think you were capable of it!"

I stare at Kirishima as he continues to rant, but I stopped hearing him. When had he told Deku that I loved him? As far as I knew, they'd never been alone together. So how had he told him that, and when? I interrupt his rant mid sentence.

"Kirishima! When did you tell him that?"

Kirishima stops pacing and just sort of freezes before a look of guilt crosses his face. He starts backpedaling and holds his arms up. Anger lights like a fuse inside me, and I'm on the verge of exlpoding. I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life.

"What did you do, Kiri?!"

My voice is barely a whispered growl. I'm trying hard to contain my anger at what I suspect.

"I did it for you! I just wanted you to be happy."

He's pleading with me and trying to get further away as I stalk towards him. I can see his pulse pounding at the base of his throat. The thought of ending his life crosses my mind, but I need to know what happened to my omega first.

"What did you do!"

The words are shouted and the air becomes heavy with anger pheromones. Normally betas are immune to the pheromones of alphas and omegas, but I'm putting out so many the entire room is saturated. Kirishima collapses to his knees and starts to sob.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just wanted you to be happy!"

"Where the fuck is he Kirishima!"

"H-he's at m-my new h-house. In the b-basement. I didn't hurt him. Please! Forgive me, Bakugou!"

It takes everything I have to restrain myself from attacking him. All this time, I'd been hurting and he could have stopped it. I couldn't forgive him. He'd plotted behind my back and hurt someone precious to me. I didn't even know him anymore.

"I suggest you turn yourself in. If I get there and he's hurt in anyway, I'll kill you!"

I rushed out of the house and hopped in my car. I had to get to my omega. He needed me. I'm coming, Deku. Just hold on!