Chapter 17

Midoriya

I probably should have given more thoughts to my appearance before I showed up at Ura's door. Or maybe even warned her. But I didn't. The fact that I'd gotten hurt had been shoved to the back of my mind by Kacchans highhandedness. So I didn't think about how it looked that I showed up at her house in the middle of the night, covered in bruises. Ura pulled open the door and let out a gasp, her hand going up to cover her mouth and her brown eyes widening.

"Oh my god, Deku. What happened to you?"

"Kacchan was acting like a total prick. We got into a fight. And I had to go. I couldn't stay there. I just need some time to think."

She grabbed me by the arm and immediately started to drag me into the house. She clutched my arm frantically while she grabbed her purse and keys then was dragging me out the front door to her car. I followed her a little confused.

"Ura, where are we going?"

"Well first things first, we are getting you to a hospital to be looked at, then we are going to the police. I don't care if he is an alpha and works on the police force, he's not allowed to treat you that way."

Her voice was fierce and her brown eyes were narrowed in anger. She was practically vibrating with rage. Ura may have been a beta but she was fiercely protective of me.

"Ura, I'm not going to the police just because we had a fight. That's a little dramatic. Yeah he hurt my feelings but there's nothing they can do about that."

Ura widened her eyes at me before frowning. Her gaze raked down my body then back up to my face. She hurried around the car and then began touching all over my head. Finally she stopped and then grabbed my face in both hands to look me directly in the eyes.

"Deku, did you hit your head? It looks like he beat the crap out of you. That's not ok. Now get in the car so I can take you to the hospital."

Realization hit me like lighting. She thought Kacchan had attacked me.

"Oh. Ooohhhh. No Ura! It's not what you think, I swear! He would never hurt me. Oh my god. I can't believe you thought that. Oh I should have been more clear. Oh god, what must you think. No, no, no. This happened at work. And then when I came home he was upset and he told me I had to quit. Oh god. No. Kacchan would never hurt me like that."

All of a sudden I was laughing hysterically. Having to quit wasn't the worst thing in the world. He could be the type of alpha that abused me. My laughter turned to sobs, and tears were suddenly streaming down my face. These stupid hormones were wreaking me. I was so confused. I'd been so angry earlier when he'd told me to quit and now I was filled with sadness that I'd left. I knew I just needed time to sort out my thoughts. I felt Ura's arms wrap around me and squeeze. I rested my head in the crook of her neck and just let her touch soothe me. When my sobs turned to quiet tears and finally stopped, she gently led me back into the house and deposited me on the sofa.

She handed me a glass of water then sat next to me, gently rubbing my back. I accepted the water gratefully and gulped it down. It was just what I needed after crying so hard. I took a deep breath and cuddled against Ura as she slowly rubbed my back. I knew that I'd go back to the house eventually, but I just needed some time to think. What Kacchan had done was wrong, but he wasn't a bad alpha. And I had to admit, even if it was only to myself, that I did love him. We would definitely need to communicate better boundaries though.

I couldn't allow him to resort to an alpha voice whenever I disagreed with him. I would accept it this one time, on account of the stressful situation, but never again. If he ever acted like such a high-handed prick again, I wouldn't be going back to him. I wouldn't allow him to run roughshod over my feelings like that. I finished off the glass of water with a sigh and placed the empty glass on her coffee table. She pet my hair for a few minutes, not saying anything. I was grateful. Now that I was able to think more clearly and didn't feel so stressed, I realized I was exhausted. It was the middle of the night and I was tired. Ura seemed to understand without me having to say anything. She gave me a kiss on the forehead and got up.