Leaving you

Hailee ❤️:
We need to talk.
Delivered at 3 pm

Maia read for the thousandth time her unread text from Hailee, millions of thoughts running through her mind.

What the fuck I'm supposed to do? Is she breaking up with me? Did I do something that made her mad? Is she already having second thoughts about us?

She paces back and forth in her bedroom not knowing what to do.

Stop torturing yourself. If you don't ask, you'll never know.

She opens the text reading it one more time before answering.

Maia 🤍:
What do we need to talk about?

Maia 🤍:
Already getting tired of me
Steinfeld?

Snarky comments were her self-defense. She waits for Hailee's response, not realizing she was holding her breath.

Hailee ❤️:
Can you come over?

Hailee ❤️:
I want to talk to you in
person.

Fuck.

Maia 🤍:
Okay.

Maia 🤍:
I'll be there in 20 mins.

Hailee ❤️:
Okay.
Read at 3:30 pm

-
During the car ride all those thoughts came back, making Maia's anxiety rise.

Calm down.

She takes a deep breath and parks her car. She sits in the vehicle for 5 minutes, gathering the courage to get out and knocking on her door.

You can do this.

She opens her car door, got out the vehicle, locking it and starts to walk towards Hailee's door. She takes one last deep breath before ringing the bell.

10 seconds passes, but for Maia they seemed like 10 years. Suddenly the door opens and the beautiful face of her girlfriend came into vision. She smiles warmly at her, but Maia has a blank expression her face, making Hailee drop her smile and looking at her with a confused expression. Maia didn't move, frozen on the spot, her anxiety making her forgetting how to properly function.

Hailee smiles lightly at her girlfriend, takes her arm, pulling her in, closing the door before kissing her softly.

Wait? She is kissing me, right? I'm not dreaming this, right?

When they parted, Maia feels Hailee's forehead touch hers and sees her smile tenderly at her, "hi."

Maia sports a confused face, "uhm, hi?"

Hailee chuckles softly, "how are you?"

Maia starts to get more anxious, not understanding why her girlfriend was being so chill and relaxed. What the fuck is going on? "Hailee you said we need to talk. Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong?"