Chapter Thirty One

Hello my lovely muffins ;D

Long time right? 

I hope you're all well and happy!

I do apolgise for the wait. As I've explained before, I've been super busy with A Levels and other things in general but you have all been so supportive. The comments, the private messages and votes mean so much to me.

Honestly, thank you. I've also made this chapter long for you and hopefully, my updates will be more frequent :) 

Enjoy...

Chapter Thirty One

I paced back and forth in my living room. My eyes flickered to the clock in anticipation before continuing with my movements. I couldn’t stop; I was fixing every little thing in the house. I had fluffed the pillows more times than I could count, cleaned every spec of dust, fixed Tommy’s appearance and now all I could do was wait.

I chewed the bottom of my lip as I burned a hole through the door with my stare. I was so distracted in my thoughts that I jumped when I felt a strong pair of arms wrap their way around my waist from behind. Their breath tickled the back of my neck before whispering in my ear. “Relax Rosie.”

I sighed before turning around in his arms so I could stare into those beautiful green eyes. My breath hitched as I saw the loving warmth. His face was relaxed and his dimple was showing as he smiled down at me. All the tension released me in a wave, washing every worry as I looked up at Drake.

I raised my hand. He didn’t move, just watched me curiously. I traced his cheekbones in envy, my fingers lightly touching every part of his perfectly strong face. My heart drummed in a fast rhythm as tingles shot right to my soul. The smile left his face, replaced with a deep intensity that had my tummy erupting in butterflies.

“I love you,” I whispered firmly.

His green eyes softened in a sweet haze. A turmoil of emotions coursed through me as I wondered how I was gifted with such a perfect man. The surprising reality that he never once showed feelings, always masked with a heavy, hard exterior was now holding me in his arms.

A surprise yelp left my lips as he pulled me flush against him. He gave me a small smirk before brushing his nose against mine lightly. I blushed softly as he said, “And I love you.”

I rested my head against his broad chest with a contented sigh. I scrunched the back of his shirt in my fists as I held him tighter. It was the day before Tommy’s school were going to be holding parent’s evening. Today was the day the boys were going to meet Tommy.

“What if Tommy doesn’t like them?” I asked, voicing my worrying thoughts.

Drake’s hand combed through my hair in a soothing pattern. His chin resting on the top of my head as we stood in the middle of the living room. I knew Tommy was sitting on the floor with Annabelle. Drake decided to bring his little sister, which was a good idea since they seemed fully distracted with their toys to even pay attention to us.

“He will like them. Stop being so pessimistic,” I heard Drake say above my head as I inhaled his masculine scent. I hummed a distracted response as I place a soft kiss to the side of his neck. His hold tightened on me and I couldn’t hide my smug smile. It was a nice feeling to know that you have just as much as an effect on someone as they have on you.

“I hope so…” I mumbled as I placed another kiss just below his right ear. He shivered instantly and the low growl that emanated from his chest had my heart drumming and my body heating.