Chapter Twenty Three

Hey readers! :)

This one is quite a long chapter so it took me a little while longer to write. Does that get me a vote? *cue puppy eyes*

Enjoy...

Chapter Twenty-Three

The next morning, I happened to miraculously wake up before my alarm clock. Now this is absolutely shocking news because I adore my sleep, however today was different.

Why you wonder? Well I was given two reasons to get up with a smile.

One: Tommy.

Two: Drake.

The two people who make me believe life isn't as cruel as I always thought it was. It was somehow easier to face the day, somehow I felt like I didn't have to go through it alone.

I was grateful for this feeling.

Stretching myself out of bed, I turned my alarm off from buzzing at seven. Since it was six in the morning, I lazily made my way towards the bathroom, enjoying a warm shower. Going through the normal routine of brushing my teeth and changing my clothes, I was satisfied when I stood in front of the mirror.

My legs appeared nice and long in a pair of skinny black jeans. A snug white top perfectly complimented my curves. My lips stretched into a small smile as I noticed my eyes. The grey held a glimpse of a happier future.

I walked towards my window, staring into the dull sky. The clouds seemed to be getting darker; it was just a matter of time before it rained. I turned around and grabbed my black jacket off the bed, knowing I would need it later.

I walked down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen as I tied my hair into a messy bun, allowing a few strands to fall out their place. Opening the fridge, I frowned when I saw nothing in there. Heading towards the cupboards where I put my cereal, I held in a sigh as I stared into empty space.

No food.

No breakfast.

I grabbed my keys off the counter, checking my pockets to make sure I had my phone in there. I slipped my feet into a pair of black trainers and headed outside. The gush of wind had me shiver so I quickly slipped my jacket on.

I walked out the driveway and towards Nanas house. I hadn't seen Tommy for a few days and every time I wanted to, I knew I couldn't. I had been shot, I was injured and I couldn't worry him or Nana. They would find out and then the questioning would start. So I promised myself before I went to sleep that I would see Tommy today.

Knocking on the door, I waited a few seconds before I heard some noises on the other side. Nana always was an early bird, she hated wasting time and even at her old age she had plenty of hobbies. I think the book club held every other night with her friends was her favourite but as I looked around the front lawn, I knew gardening was another thing she adored undertaking.

As I stared at the different flowers that had blossomed, my eye caught on a yellow rose. A yellow rose with red tips. Unconsciously my lips lifted into a smile. I remember waking up this morning; my eyes landing on the rose Drake gave me.

"Rose honey?" I jumped startled, my hand landing on my heart as I stared up at Nana wide-eyed.

"Oh Nana," I breathed out.

"Oh I'm so sorry dear, I didn't mean to startle you," Nana flustered and I shook my head.

"No it's fine, sorry I just got slightly lost in my thoughts," I reassured her.