Chapter Thirty Six

Hey my beautiful readers,

This is a pretty relaxed chapter, there should be one more before the epilogue. 

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Enjoy...

Chapter Thirty Six

“So what you’re trying to tell us is that you haven’t been around because you’ve been caught up in some private issues and getting into fights in the underground?”

“And that you’re a boxing champion but never even thought to tell us before?”

“Oh and let’s not forget how you’ve been hanging around with a bunch of hot males and then having the sexiest one as you’re boyfriend who’s practically you’re life partner since you’re moving in.”

“Not to mention you’ve been in trouble with gang related things, while nearly killing your Father’s murderer.”

“Fucking hell Rose, how the fuck could you not have told us!” Jessie screeched as they all finally stopped summarising my life. I looked at Luke and Charlie before looking at Maria then back at Jessie.

“I’m telling you now…” I trailed off with a sheepish smile.

We were sat in Drake’s bedroom, the one I shared with him while we now looked for an apartment together. I had begged him to let me invite my friends over and it took a lot of persuasion to make him understand that they were trustworthy. I had known them since I was little, right when I started school as a child and I felt horrible that I had pushed them away just when I got close to the guys.

It just wasn’t fair on them and I didn’t want to lose any one of them. Luke became my friend when he stopped a popular kid from bullying me when I was seven. I would have beaten the bully up but my Dad always told me not to resort to violence. Even though he taught me how to box, he never wanted me to use it unless it was absolutely necessary. It was all for self defence.

Charlie used to be in all my classes and one day when a girl he liked embarrassed him in front of the whole class saying no one would ever be with him because he was a geek- that had made me so mad and I still remember how I had stood up and declared that I was his girlfriend and I was only ten. No one ever made fun of him after that, only the slight nerd insults whenever I wasn’t around.

They were practically like my brothers and although we hadn’t talked much for the past few months, it was all because of me. The blame could only be pointed at myself since I pushed them all away, distancing myself from them when my Father past away. I didn’t want to get too close just in case I lost them too. Of course, now I know that you should hold on even tighter to the ones you love.

Then there was Jessie and Maria. I had met them both in a summer camp and we instantly clicked when we were put together as group and on the last day, during a campfire we had sworn an oath to be the best of friends. We were so young and we stayed true to our word, it’s just that I had kept myself to myself more recently. But when I look back at the memory of all of us becoming so close even though we were all so different, it made me smile.

“This isn’t funny Rose! I thought we were family,” Luke frowned, his bright blue eyes searching my face.

“What? No! We are! I was just smiling because I was thinking how we all met,” I explained and I watched them all nod after a few seconds, understanding sinking in before grinning at each other.