Chapter Two

Okay so you've stuck with me! Don't be a silent reader, I'd love to know what you think! Enjoy...

Chapter Two

I could practically feel the ground vibrating underneath my converses. My eardrums were vibrating just as hard as the bass coming from the inside of the house. It was so loud I could hardly think straight, let alone talk to someone as we stood in front of the house that screamed money.

“Oh my god! This is so my scene!” Jessie cried out excitedly, before running towards it. She gave us no choice to chase after her. How she manages to run in those high heels blows my mind. I could hardly keep up and I was in converses.

There were some people on the front porch, huddled in groups. Some were playing drinking games, others playing games that consisted of very little clothing. There was another circle of people who were in fits of laughter. I noticed tears rolling down some of their cheeks at some joke I assumed. 

'Must have been some funny joke,' I thought dryly.

Stepping into the house I realised it looked just as big inside as it did outside. Okay, scratch that, it was ridiculously huge. I'm talking about a mansion here. It was expected though, we were in the richest part of town and I knew the only way we managed to get invited was because of Luke and Jessie. They were the popular ones in the school yet they always hanged with us since we all were childhood friends.

“Whoa!” Charlie gasped, voicing my thoughts.

Taking in my surroundings, I realised how nearly everyone was dancing to the music flowing through the speakers near the DJ. There were couples in the corner doing what they do in dark corners and drunken people acting foolish. One of the guys, James, who I realised was in my English class was dancing drunkenly on the tables with a bottle of alcohol in his hand, taking a swig every now and then.

"How wild," I mumbled under my breath with an eye roll. I turned to look at my friends before realising I was abandoned. They weren’t next to me anymore.

What the hell?

Looking around me I spotted Jessie and Luke dancing with different people, their laughs getting drowned by the music. Taking another glance around me I saw Maria talking to one of the girls in my year and Charlie with another group of people who were waiting to play on the games console.

Great.

I was now alone in a party I didn't want to come to. Although I could join one of them, I just didn’t want to be a bother. I would just mostly probably zone out, thinking about things a seventeen year old shouldn't have to. I had no intention of mingling with anyone. I wasn't the social person I used to be. Now, most people would class me as an awkward, anti-social reject.

Oh well, I’ll just stay around for a little longer and then go home, I told myself. With that in mind, I walked into the kitchen where I came to a scene of people playing a game of Truth or Dare. They all looked extremely drunk and most were obnoxiously loud. There were people half naked in there and I realised this game wasn’t as innocent as it used to be when I was a little girl. 

“Want to play babes?” I heard one of the guys ask me. He let his lust filled eyes wander over my body, slowly looking me up and down with no shame. The glint in his slightly red eyes caused me to shiver in distaste.

“No,” I replied bluntly before turning towards the refrigerator. I saw it stacked with alcohol but lucky enough there was only one can of Sprite. Taking it out and closing the refrigerator, I realised the same guy was still looking at me with a creepy smile. I glared at him for a second and then walked out of there as quick as I could. I headed straight towards the back garden, feeling too suffocated inside. Having to push through the mass of sweaty bodies was chaos but I got out eventually.