Chapter Twenty Four

I survived.

To everyone who has asked, my GCSE results were good, thank the lord, otherwise this story would have remained unfinished, we wouldn't want that now would we?

So anyway, its 3:16am and I just finished writing this chapter so if it's not as good, sorry. I'm literally falling asleep just writing this. *Cue yawn*

I'm going to shut up now and let you read :)

Enjoy...

Chapter Twenty Four

“Okay, so you promise to be on your best behaviour right?” I asked for, what most probably be the hundredth if not more time.

“Yes Rosie, I promise,” I watched through the rear view mirror as Tommy rolled his eyes from the backseat of my pick up truck. I chewed on my bottom lip, a habit I get when I’m nervous.

“Are you sure you want to go?” I asked once again which was said about; oh I don’t know, a million times.

“Ye-“

“Because if you don’t want to, we can turn back right now and head home,” I interrupted him, stepping on the gas pedal and continuing my drive to Drakes house.

“No we-“

“I mean, if you don’t like the idea of spending time with a friend of mine then I promise that’s fine with me. I swear its okay Tommy, you don’t have to meet him,” I hurriedly cut him off.

“Ro-“

“You know what? Today was supposed to be our day together. Oh my god, you must hate the idea of me taking you tonight right? I’m so sorry Tommy, I didn’t mean to-“

“ROSIE!”

I jumped in my driver’s seat, stepping onto the brakes roughly, effectively bringing the truck to a complete stop as I stared wide eyed at Tommy by turning in my seat.

“What?!” I screamed.

“You were rambling,” he huffed, rolling his eyes once again. I think that was the only thing he has been doing. I looked behind and luckily found the road empty, since I was starting to drive into the run down area. I got the truck back into gear and started the journey to Drakes once again.

“Okay, so I’m going to do the talking okay?” Tommy spoke sternly, narrowing his eyes at me through the rear view mirror and I couldn’t help but crack a smile at how adorable he looked. I nodded my head, allowing him to continue. “So yes, I wanted to spend today with you so we could play but I want to meet the person who’s making you so happy. I do really want to go and I promise I’ll be nice...after seeing if he deserves you.”

My jaw dropped to my feet as I looked at his serious face while trying to keep my attention on the road at the same time. Disbelief was clearly written on my features.

My little Tommy wasn’t so little anymore.

“I love you bro,” I smiled.

“You better,” he laughed.

Once I parked in the very small driveway of the Night’s residents, which was a challenge I accepted because truthfully, I was just buying time to calm my nerves. I hadn’t even seen Cathy for a week and I just didn’t know how she would react to myself and Drake being a couple.

After perfectly parking, I turned around to Tommy one last time and sternly said, “Behave.”

This in turn gave me his trademark eye roll and I shook my head, unbuckling myself from the truck and then helping Tommy with his seat belt. I tried to delay the process but he tugged at my hand as soon as I locked up.