Chapter Twenty Nine

Ah, I'm sorry. I know I was supposed to upload a few days ago but I haven't been well. Honestly, it sucks having the cold. But I didn't go sixth form today and managed to write the chapter without my parents finding out. I was supposed to be resting xD

So anyways I want to dedicate this chapter to Lene and wish her a belated happy birthday. I feel so guilty for not uploading on your birthday but I hope this chapter makes up for it. Thank you for all the amazing things you have said. It means a lot :)

Enjoy...

Chapter Twenty Nine

I covered the large cloak over me more tightly. Allowing my body to be consumed by it, protecting me from the burning curiosity igniting in the eyes of the onlookers. I walked towards the shadows, hiding me away from the sharp, bloody stares. I pulled the hat further down, covering my eyes as I kept my head down.

An eerily cold breeze nipped at my cheeks, the only uncovered part of my body, as I kept securely concealed. I blew out a heated breath, watching the smoky puff whirl in the icy night until it faded before replaced by another.

I cautioned a glance backward, smiling secretively as I watched my boys walk separately, not gathering in a group, a clever tactic to divert attention from them. Their intimidating stares had me falter in my steps. They shone with superiority, an aura of strength. Never had I seen the steel in their eyes before. No humour or love, just raw determination. Just that look had people move out their path in a scurried manner. Not even a soul dared to stop them from their mission.

Our mission.

A rough shoulder budged against mine, grunting without an apology. Of course I was not expecting one. The absurdity of believing the people here had manners for a stranger made me shake my head. No one had seen who I was yet. The element of surprise was always the beautiful weapon in this bloodied cycle of a game.

I recognised many people, all of them dark and dangerous. This place screamed torture, life, death and freedom. There was a different meaning for everyone. This place for me was home, the place where I felt like I belonged.

The underground.

It had been too long. A year and half had passed since I last stepped foot in this place. The overwhelming emotions stirring in my mind was undeniable. The burning passion to step foot in the ring and stand, to prove everything my father had taught me had my body shake with determination.

I finally reached the corner I had always stood before my fights. It leaded a straight path to the fighting cage. This part was always hidden. No one ever came here and when I found myself finally alone, I looked up. My face was a pure mask of emptiness. I breathed in the smoky air through my nose, exhaling out in a steady rhythm.

I could hear the ticking of a clock, mocking me sadistically. I looked down at my watch. There were just a few minutes until midnight. So when I heard a rowdy chaos around the corner, I knew they had arrived. The noise only lasted for a moment before understanding graced across the underground.

I had Julio Caesar to arrange the fight. At first he was in shock but when he heard the raw seriousness, he didn't hesitate. He asked questions but I kept my answers short. They weren't lies but he didn't know anything about what was happening. He didn't know that in a few minutes, I Rose was going to fight my Fathers murderer.

I shivered once before greeting the cold with a welcoming embrace. I closed my eyes as I heard Dean's strong, sharp voice cut through the noise of the underground. "Alright fucking listen, you've all got to shut the fuck up!"

A smirk played at my lips at his bluntness. The noise lowered to angry murmurs but I knew all my boys must have gathered together for everyone to silence. They wanted to know what was going on, their eyes greedily looking around for action. I kept my eyes shut, continuing to listen to Dean. "There's a fight on tonight. There's an old man who believes he is the top dog of this place. Here to prove him wrong is the return of one of your greatest champions."