12. | Fransisco Demeter

C H A P T E R T W E L V E

CLARY BANGED ON THE DOOR OF MAGNUS'S LOFT repeatedly as she glanced once in a while to her brother-figure with panic and worry evident in her face

CLARY BANGED ON THE DOOR OF MAGNUS'S LOFT repeatedly as she glanced once in a while to her brother-figure with panic and worry evident in her face. The Blood King's face scrunched and a groan escaped him when an excruciating pain shot through him due to the alpha bite, his knees failing to support him.

The red head banged on the door once again desperately before someone finally made a move to open it and came across a pissed off looking Magnus, then his eyes widened after seeing the state Maximilian was in. "Come in, hurry!" He rushed them and they entered his loft, dragging Maximilian along as he struggled to walk with the pain going all throughout his body.

Rosemary was calmly sipping her wine on a couch until they barged in to the living room with badly injured Maximilian and she instantly set her glass down on the coffee table as she rushed to them. "What the hell happened?" She asked, going over to help them carry her brother.

"He was attacked! He needs a warlock, he needs you, Magnus." Clary said hurriedly. If Maximilian wasn't feeling such excruciating pain right now, he would've responded with a sarcastic comment and an eye roll. Now wasn't the time as the alpha venom seemed to be spreading in his body.

Magnus placed a white sheet on the couch before they set Maximilian down on it, a loud grunt escaping him every once in a while. He still had a strong, fierce look that he always held, but Rosemary could see right through him that he was hurting. And it was not just by his injuries, but also something else.

The vampire knelt beside him and looked at him concerned after seeing the bite marks on his shoulder. "Were you bitten by an alpha?" She asked as calmly as possible even when she was panicking at the state of her brother.

"Do you think I'd be groaning in pain right here if I wasn't bitten by an alpha? Bites by normal wolves can be handled by my slow healing." Maximilian grumbled and shot her a glare to which she ignored, cringing at the bitemark. It looked really painful and it is.

Magnus frantically runs around his loft looking for some ingredients and set the available ingredients down on the large table before running around again to find for other ingredients. "What are you doing?" Clary asked after he arrived again in the living room.

"His wounds won't heal if it was from an alpha bite. In case you haven't noticed, his werewolf healing ability is slow and weak. It can't heal that bite completely." Magnus explained before rushing to find other ingredients.

Simon and Clary looked confused with his explanation and looked at Maximilian, only to see his eyes flicking from his natural ocean blue color to deep shade of blood red one and his claws extending and unextending.