CHAPTER TWO

❨ 002 : ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ ɪɴsᴛɪᴛᴜᴛᴇ ❩

BLOOD SURROUNDED THE ENTIRE PLACE AND A GIANT MIDNIGHT BLACK WOLF STOOD ON THE CENTER, ITS BEAUTIFUL BLACK FUR NOW STAINED WITH BLOOD

BLOOD SURROUNDED THE ENTIRE PLACE AND A GIANT MIDNIGHT BLACK WOLF STOOD ON THE CENTER, ITS BEAUTIFUL BLACK FUR NOW STAINED WITH BLOOD. Different types of species of people laid all around the floor lifelessly; whether it were nephilims or downworlders. The wolf seemed to have no remorse as he looked around, not even a slightest guilt shining in his eyes.

The werewolf transformed back into his human form and looked around the place with a smirk. He raised his hand that was entirely covered in blood and licked it off, his tongue tasting a different kinds of taste since it was a mixture of downworlder's and nephilim's blood.

"Ohhh, you killed a lot, brother." His sister appeared from behind him and he quickly turned around, wrapping his hand on her throat.

"I'm not your brother." He growled, eyes shining dangerously.

She gulped as fear flashed in her eyes and she quickly covered it up by smirking, but Caius didn't miss it. His lips twisted into a sinister grin as he tightened his hand around her neck. "Admit it, sister. You're afraid of me." He flashed his red eyes.

She grabbed his wrist as she struggled against him, "Admit it, you only hate me because we're supposed to hate each other." She retorted. Caius glared at her before dropping her on the floor harshly and turning around to walk away. "You can't hate me, I am your sister." She stated, rubbing her neck that pained due to the tight grip Caius had on it.

Caius stopped in his track. He turned his head to the side to look at her over his shoulder, his eyes emotionless and expression heartless. "We're no longer siblings the moment you became a bloodsucking creature."

"A mundane shouldn't even be here."

Caius heard a deep voice say and slowly opened his eyes, only to close it back after a blinding light attacked him. His head turned to the side so he could open his eyes without having to come across a blinding light, only to see the three Shadowhunters earlier crowding around Clary. A groan escaped his lips and they all turned to look at him, the raven haired boy instantly coming to check up on him.

"Caius!" Clary exclaimed in relief, a lot louder than she was supposed to and Caius winced at her loud voice, glaring at her. "By the moon, I have sensitive ears!" He scolded, groaning afterwards.

"Good, he's awake." Jace stated. "And Alec, she's not a mundane."

Alec touched Caius's chest lightly that was wrapped in bondage. "How do you know that?" He asked without even sparing a glance at Jace.