Oaken-kisses >> Thorin Oakenshield X Reader

Title: Oaken-kisses

Paring: Thorin Oakenshield X Reader

Warnings: none this is a Drabble fic don't u worry

Spoilers: none none maybe??? none

------------------------------------

You sat, hidden by the roots of the incredibly old tree, watching the band of dwarves and little Bilbo the burglar in their attempts to set up a camp for then night before night fell. The last time you had helped them in the process of unraveling the fourteen bedrolls, it had proved disastrous - long story short, it involved a half dozen double-headed snakes in Gloin's, Fili's and Oin's sheets - so it had led to wise old Balin suggesting you staying out of the melee ever again.

"________?"

You flinch, and once you are out of the tranquility of the dark forest and the mere murmurs of the dwarves quarrelling you notice the voice which spoke to you to belong to none other than Thorin Oakenshield standing by the enormous buttress roots, looking both mentally and physically lost.

"Thorin," you gasp, pulling him out of the revere he has, "sit with me, please," you spoke suddenly to your partner and rightful King of Erebor. He obeyed your wishes, and soon your head found your boyfriend's stocky shoulder, "You look quiet lost."

He grunted, but when you realised it was only a gruff sigh of his and he was speaking your ears tuned in to hear, "...around you I try not to be."

You furrowed your brow. "Thorin, I know this is hard for you. You'll make it to Erebor, vanquish the beast and start the kingdom again and -,"

"We'll," he interrupted, correcting you. "You and I, as well as the band. I promise."

Now you felt a smile take over your face. "You know what else you promised?"

Thorin frowned, not recalling a previously made promise from the day before. "No, I don't -,"

"Huh," you sighed, almost giggling, "maybe this'll jog your memory," you laughed tacking the stocking built future king to plant kisses over his beard and brow, both in dire need of bathing, as always.

And from underneath you, you heard a mixture of a laugh and groan, then the voicing that yes, he remembered the promise very well.